Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your husband allowed to have female friends?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 160 Replies

Is your husband allowed to have female friends?

that he hangs out with, WITHOUT you?

why? why not?

Edit: wow this got replies fast! ok so...

what about new SINGLE female friends, that he met after you were already married? (and not work friends.) and he hangs out one on one with her? assume they arent having sex, would the emotional connection with another woman bother you?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Um, I am not his mom. He can do as he pleases. I trust him. :-). Sometimes alone sometimes all of us. Doesn't matter.
maria1613
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Yeah. Why wouldn't he? I trust him. And I trust that he'd tell me if anything ever happened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM
12 moms liked this

My husband is only allowed to have male friends between the ages of 30-34, they must have a college degree and they may only have brown hair and brown eyes.

AmyJeremyx11
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Well, I mean, there are certain settings we wouldn't hang out alone with the opposite sex out of respect for each other, like over night getting drunk together or something...but having lunch or something like that, no big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Yes. Although I don't allow or forbid my husband from doing things. He is a grown up.  And it is disrespectful to him and to myself to treat him like a child.
He has friends that are women that he hangs out with without me. They are old military and cop buddies, and they always tell the same 100 stories when they get together, so I would rather stay home, so he can enjoy himself without worrying about me having a good time.

Beautiful31mom
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

allowed? My husband is a grown man and I am his wife not his mother, he is "Allowed" to have whatever friends he chooses. I trust my husband. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

It has never been an issue to where I had to tell him yes or no on the subject. He just doesn't have female friends. We both have the same feelings that friends of the opposite sex aren't necessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Nope.
bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Uh yeah. He's a grown man and doesn't need my help choosing friends. I even have guy friends. All the women I know who don't "allow" their DHs to have female friends are insecure nags who think if a woman talks to Jim he's going to cheat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)