Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you attend a Fifty Shades of Grey sex workshop or are you more into the fantasy? Has the book given your sex life a boost?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:39 PM
  • 39 Replies

'50 Shades of Grey' Can Inspire More Than Just Submissive Sex

Posted by Maressa Brown on May 15, 2012 

fifty shades of grey coverIf you've read or are reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, you probably fit one of two descriptions: You're totally turned-on by the love affair and S&M sex scenes between Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, or you who think the book is a piece of garbage -- not only because it's so poorly written, but the sex scenes are degrading and/or not nearly as sexy as they could be.

Ladies in the latter camp, sorry, this isn't a post for you. But women who admittedly found themselves hot and bothered by Mr. Grey's seduction of Miss Steele, you'll want to listen up. Because now you can attend a Fifty Shades of Grey sex workshop! The sex toy store Babeland recently invited women to come find out "how to try out some of the scenes from the book ... discuss ways to make your fantasies a reality."

Hot! But hmm, workshops like this are not necessarily for every woman who has, as they say, "fallen under the spell of Fifty Shades of Grey." And that's okay.

Of course some women are wanting to take the next step and turn their Fifty-inspired fantasies into reality by taking a 101 course on floggers. Or learning how to make their man their Dom for a night. Surely there are ladies out there who would sign up in a heartbeat for a whole tutorial on nipple clamps! Good for all of them! But there's nothing wrong with letting the books work their magic in a genuinely passive way -- by kick-starting one's libido and leaving it at that.

In other words, I'm sure there are many readers out there who would never in a million years try some of the sex acts described in the book. And that's completely cool! Hell, it doesn't even sound like author E.L. James herself staged these sex scenes with her beloved hubby Niall, (to whom she dedicates each book). When asked recently if she has a "Red Room of Pain" like her protagonist Christian, James responded:  

Unfortunately my house isn't big enough. I do have a spare bedroom and one of the walls is painted [red]. But actually it's full of my ironing.

Too funny! But so honest. That in itself should reassure women who aren't quite ready to turn their 50 daydreams into a real-life sexcapade. Maybe they're perfectly happy with it getting them in the mood for some solo time (as SNL joked) or oh-so wonderful "vanilla sex." Even James -- and even her sex-obsessed characters, ultimately -- would agree: There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Would you attend a Fifty Shades of Grey sex workshop or are you more into the fantasy? Has the book given your sex life a boost?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM
4 moms liked this

Lord no. The author needs to invest in a thesaurus, first off.  Then the sex scenes were boring and repetetive. You want a real hot fantasy trilogy, check out The Sleeping Beauty trilogy. That will get your ladytime party started.

PEEK05
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Wow uhh...I just like the fantasy of the mindblowing sex. I would not want to actually have sex like that, haha. I haven't read the third book yet. I'm starting tonight.

Oh and I won't lie. The books have left me hot and bothered. ;) First time reading something this steamy hahaha.

PEEK05
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Ohhhh thanks for the suggestion. :)

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Lord no. The author needs to invest in a thesaurus, first off.  Then the sex scenes were boring and repetetive. You want a real hot fantasy trilogy, check out The Sleeping Beauty trilogy. That will get your ladytime party started.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

You can also check out literotica.com, for free erotic reading. They have loads of sub catagories, so there is something for everyone. 

miss_lisa
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I love literotica.com. The writer of Fifty Shades could definitely learn a few things from that site.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

You can also check out literotica.com, for free erotic reading. They have loads of sub catagories, so there is something for everyone. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I would totally attend a fifty shades workshop. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Nah im creative enough to figure it out on my own lol
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting miss_lisa:

I love literotica.com. The writer of Fifty Shades could definitely learn a few things from that site.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I agree. I just finished a story (or at least all of it that has been written), over there, that made me want to pounce my husband, and demand he talk dirty to me in a german accent. lol

Lucky2haveLiam
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I haven't read the book but my hubby and I already do some pretty dirty wild things behind closed doors so I don't feel like a tutorial would do me a whole lot of good lol

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:38 PM
No...fun to read but I don't think I could have it apart of my sex life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)