Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think it's ridiculous to not 'allow' a teen girl to date

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
4 moms liked this
Because she is going to regardless of if she has your Approval or not. I'm not saying let your 13 yr old date, but maybe at 15/16....obviously educate about sex etc..I just think it's ridiculous to tell an older teen she cannot date.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this

wrong wrong wrong wrong, my kids need to not date til there out of hs

sunfireprincess
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I see where you are coming from
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfireprincess
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM
10 moms liked this
The more you restrict the more they will rebel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM
9 moms liked this

Actually she will not if you have raised her not to lie, and to respect her parents boundaries.

We weren't allowed to date until we were 16-until then we had STRICT curfews and our parents had the phone number of where we would be (pre cellphones) and if we weren't there to answer the phone there were consequenses.

Raising children isn't a democracy-

Quoting Anonymous:

Because she is going to regardless of if she has your Approval or not. I'm not saying let your 13 yr old date, but maybe at 15/16....obviously educate about sex etc..I just think it's ridiculous to tell an older teen she cannot date.

FL2AK
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids can date at 16. However if feel that they are not mature enough, they won't. So far none of our teens even want to date anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I kinda agree with you at 15 I did what I wanted and didn't care what my mom said. Even had sex just to spite her.
babie113
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this
My SD couldn't date till 16th birthday she's almost 17 still hasent been on a date or have any romantic relationships ..some girls do listen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I am homeschooling mine. I know plenty of 16-20 year old girls who dont date. My pastors daughter is 21 and one of the most beautiful people you will meet and doesnt date. She will when she finds the right person, but to date just to date is pointless.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:37 PM

What works for one family may or may not work for another.  Each family has to make that decision based on what is good for their child and their family. I know some girls that age that are no where near mature enough and some that are mature and responsible enough.  We will go based on our girls' ability to show and use responsibility among other things, when we know they are old enough and mature enough to handle it.  At some ages they can go out with a group to "date".  Right now we say 16 IF they responsible enough, doing good in school etc. The same rule applies for our son.

KamiB79
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:37 PM
No dating for my kids til they're 16.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN