Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think it's ridiculous to not 'allow' a teen girl to date

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Because she is going to regardless of if she has your Approval or not. I'm not saying let your 13 yr old date, but maybe at 15/16....obviously educate about sex etc..I just think it's ridiculous to tell an older teen she cannot date.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 15, 2012 at 8:52 PM

well you parent yours and ill parent mine and she will parent hers and maybe we can all TRY not to juge

Kenre
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do you have such little faith in the fact that some teens listen to their parents?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM
3 moms liked this
No dating for my kids til they're 18

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Since when is it "restrictive" to make a teen wait to date until she is older?  We require them to be home at a certain time, to do their homework, to clean their rooms, etc...but when it comes to dating, they are given free reign because "if I restrict her, she'll rebel".  Bullcrap.

Quoting sunfireprincess:

The more you restrict the more they will rebel

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I moved out when I was 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

wrong wrong wrong wrong, my kids need to not date til there out of hs

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM
To each their own.
We are raising our kids that dating is a no-no.
We have 2 in the teen years so far and so far so good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM
If they move out when they are 16, like I did, then they would be able to date.

Quoting GraceHudson:

No dating for my kids til they're 18

JaimieLynn8
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I wish my parents had put an age limit on me. I've had boyfriends ever since I could remember. 4th, 5th grade? Obviously at that point they weren't serious, but I remember boyfriends wanting to get sexual in 7th grade (I was TWELVE!)
I didn't go past 1st base til I was 14, (I was what was considered "straight" back then, didnt do anything more than hold hands) and that's when I lost my virginity as well.
I grew up way too quickly and dealt with way too many unnecessary heart breaks.

I was a very well-behaved kid. I never wanted to disrespect my parents, and I think if they paid more attention to me and set a limit, I'd have listened and held off on "dating" for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM
I was allowed to date as young as 13. It wasn't real dating though. It was mostly talking on the phone. Everything was supervised until around 16. Then I had to carry a pager (no one had cell phones then). You bet I had to answer that page right away. I didn't get pregnant until I was married. I am married the first person I had sex with too.

A friend of mine wasn't allowed to date. She got pregnant at 15. She was very naive.

Everyone raises their kids different. I didn't have any issues when dating because I talked with my parents about the consequences of having sex.
masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM

i agree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)