Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Replies (151-160):
LucyHarper
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Um, nope, since thats what I just said. I said that the overall day of the dead festival isn't just for infants and children, its about everyone, I wasn't talking about the specific days, the first is for the children, the second is for the adults. You just said in your last post "the Mexican holiday For the day of the dead. Which doesn't even fall on the same day as All saints day", so good job just proving yourself wrong.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Before you ask someone else to educate themselves maybe you should do the same

All Saints' Day in Mexico, coincides with the first day of the Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) celebration. Known as "Día de los Inocentes" (Day of the Innocents), it honours deceased children and infants.

Quoting LucyHarper:

No, but its clearly for that, the flowers on her face are marigolds, the flowers of the dead, painting the face like a skeleton, its all day of the dead. It does fall on all saints day (which wasn't "stolen", its not like the pagans cant celebrate their version), so I dont know what you're talking about there. It's not just for infants and children, its to honor the dead, it has nothing to do with getting drunk and partying, there is a parade to lead the spirits of the dead to the cemetary if thats what you mean by partying, the rest of the day is about celebrating the dead and cleaning the graves. My point had nothing to do with all saints day so I dont even know how that could make it invalid. 

My main point, the ignorance, arrogancy, and disrespect in your comment right there is so disgusting. Who are you to say how a culture can celebrate its dead and whats the best way to do it, a culture which has been doing this for thousands of years, the whole festival is based on rituals done 3000 years ago tied in with modern day Christianity. I'm sorry, didn't know you were the queen of the dead and knows the best way to honor them. You can have an opinion, but disrespecting a cultures practice to honor their dead, you're dispicable. Really, educate yourself before you post, you're just making yourself look bad.

Quoting marchantmom06:

I've ignored your day of the dead comments until now.

For one are you the woman in the picture? I searched the picture and found nothing in relation to the Mexican holiday For the day of the dead.

Which doesn't even fall on the same day as All saints day which is the Christian holiday, which was originally a pagan holiday which we stole from them! So your point is invalid.

And there are many many more ways to honor dead infants and children than to paint your faces like dead people and drink and party.

Quoting LucyHarper:

How did this turn into a religion thing? The only restrictions Christianity has is to not do harm to others and then it gives the options of other acts to remain moral, since when is that a bad thing. By the way, the girl in the picture, she is wearing that makeup to dress up for the day of the dead, a Christian holiday. 

Quoting tifferie:

If anyone is bigoted it is the christians who preach love, then place restrictions on it.

Quoting marchantmom06:

You wouldn't care because your bigoted statement against the bible belt is wrong. NY, CA, MI also carry these laws.

Halloween once was for adults.

Not its for small children to dress up and look cute for a few hours.

Quoting tifferie:

Thats ridiculous and I really wouldn't care. Halloween is fun for all of us.

Quoting marchantmom06:

And believe it or not, it's actually illegal in many states.... Here are a few

http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/mcs/maskcodes.html

Quoting tifferie:

What state is that, so I can avoid it?

Quoting marchantmom06:

Because grown ups had 18 years to act redicoulous. After that its time to stop acting like a child coloring on yourself.

So what if she is? What product would that be for?

Adults in my state cannot cover their face with make up or mask on halloween.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Why?? because she doesn't fit the mould of the "normal everyday" person?

What if she's a model just doing this for a photo shoot?

What if she did it for Halloween?

Quoting marchantmom06:

She clearly didn't get the attention she needed as a child.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

huh?

Quoting marchantmom06:

She needed to be hugged more when she was little.

Since its just make up, it's silly.

If it was tattoos I'd think she had seriously bad mental images of herself

atyou
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM
She's a "jugalette".....no?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Quoting atyou:

I don't know much about this really. I just love the photo:)

marchantmom06
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Read IN MEXICO. Meaning a mexican holiday. Not a chrisitan holiday, which celebrates dead people unlike All Saints day where we celebrate our saints. Which your holiday falls on November 1st according to the website.
Depending on what religion you are, we celebrate it the first Sunday after Pentecost.
All hallows eve is October 31st which would be halloween
See the difference?

Quoting LucyHarper:

Um, nope, since thats what I just said. I said that the overall day of the dead festival isn't just for infants and children, its about everyone, I wasn't talking about the specific days, the first is for the children, the second is for the adults. You just said in your last post "the Mexican holiday For the day of the dead. Which doesn't even fall on the same day as All saints day", so good job just proving yourself wrong.

Quoting marchantmom06:

All Saints' Day in Mexico, coincides with the first day of the Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) celebration. Known as "Día de los Inocentes" (Day of the Innocents), it honours deceased children and infants.

Quoting LucyHarper:

No, but its clearly for that, the flowers on her face are marigolds, the flowers of the dead, painting the face like a skeleton, its all day of the dead. It does fall on all saints day (which wasn't "stolen", its not like the pagans cant celebrate their version), so I dont know what you're talking about there. It's not just for infants and children, its to honor the dead, it has nothing to do with getting drunk and partying, there is a parade to lead the spirits of the dead to the cemetary if thats what you mean by partying, the rest of the day is about celebrating the dead and cleaning the graves. My point had nothing to do with all saints day so I dont even know how that could make it invalid. 

My main point, the ignorance, arrogancy, and disrespect in your comment right there is so disgusting. Who are you to say how a culture can celebrate its dead and whats the best way to do it, a culture which has been doing this for thousands of years, the whole festival is based on rituals done 3000 years ago tied in with modern day Christianity. I'm sorry, didn't know you were the queen of the dead and knows the best way to honor them. You can have an opinion, but disrespecting a cultures practice to honor their dead, you're dispicable. Really, educate yourself before you post, you're just making yourself look bad.

Quoting marchantmom06:

For one are you the woman in the picture? I searched the picture and found nothing in relation to the Mexican holiday For the day of the dead.

Which doesn't even fall on the same day as All saints day which is the Christian holiday, which was originally a pagan holiday which we stole from them! So your point is invalid.

And there are many many more ways to honor dead infants and children than to paint your faces like dead people and drink and party.

Quoting LucyHarper:

How did this turn into a religion thing? The only restrictions Christianity has is to not do harm to others and then it gives the options of other acts to remain moral, since when is that a bad thing. By the way, the girl in the picture, she is wearing that makeup to dress up for the day of the dead, a Christian holiday. 

Quoting tifferie:

If anyone is bigoted it is the christians who preach love, then place restrictions on it.

Quoting marchantmom06:

You wouldn't care because your bigoted statement against the bible belt is wrong. NY, CA, MI also carry these laws.

Quoting tifferie:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting tifferie:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Because grown ups had 18 years to act redicoulous. After that its time to stop acting like a child coloring on yourself.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting RiotousDigits:

huh?

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaysmommy04
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM
I live in the south and it's the first I ever heard of that law. There are laws prohibiting people from covering their faces when entering federal buildings, banks and such. oh well, even so I'm sure it's just another one of those laws that gets over looked like they do with adultery.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting tifferie:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting tifferie:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting RiotousDigits:

huh?

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirchard
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Quoting AshandJax:

BEAUTIFUL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

My patience is wearing thin, you are the one who needs to read. I am not talking about all saints day or halloween, I am talking about the day of the dead, the mexican holiday blended around both traditional Aztec beliefs and Christian beliefs that takes place on two days in november. I dont know why you keep on bringing up other holidays and acting as if I brought them up. Here, read, educate yourself, and notice how much the picture in the top corner looks like the picture of the girl:

http://www.dayofthedeadsf.org/history.html

Quoting marchantmom06:

Read IN MEXICO. Meaning a mexican holiday. Not a chrisitan holiday, which celebrates dead people unlike All Saints day where we celebrate our saints. Which your holiday falls on November 1st according to the website.
Depending on what religion you are, we celebrate it the first Sunday after Pentecost.
All hallows eve is October 31st which would be halloween
See the difference?

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting tifferie:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting tifferie:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting tifferie:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting RiotousDigits:

huh?

Quoting marchantmom06:

LucyHarper
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM

No, dont know what that is, but my best guess based on the makeup and carnations is its for the day of the dead.

Quoting atyou:

MamaK313
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:11 AM
Different...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaysha
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 5:13 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Quoting Livv066:

I like the tatt. The face makeup, assuming its makeup, looks great...a little scary looking, but it was done nicely- if that makes cense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)