Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I like this. But you may dissagree...

This

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Replies (91-100):
SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on May. 16, 2012 at 8:01 AM

SHE said that. Not me. SHE's the one that was the devout Christian for many years, and decided not to be anymore.

But I have to disagree. It IS possible to stop believing in something you once held true to your heart. Look at Santa Claus. Look at the Easter Bunny. Those are things kids held true to their hearts.....and stopped believing in them as they got older.

YOU might feel that your "Jesus" is in your heart, and that's fine. When other people wake up and realise that Christianity is not for them, then they can STOP being a Christian. SOme Christians quit, to become something completely different altogether. If you don't believe in the Bible or the "word of Jesus Christ", then the requirement you mentioned, no longer applies in their life.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

OH -- and one more thing:  since the only requirement of being 'Christian' is truly (in your heart) accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord & Savior -- it isn't possible to "quit" being a Christian.   It's not possible to just stop believing in something you've held true in your heart, just because others are completely ignorant asshats.   :)

Quoting DropZoneMom:

Flawed thinking.  You don't have to "quit being a Christian" to refuse being anti-gay.   Here's the thing:  the ONLY places in the Bible that condemn homosexuality are in the Old Testament (and there are only 2 verses).   Modern Christians don't follow the Old Testament -- or we wouldn't be eating pork, and women would still be considered property.  

So all these homophobic bigots quoting Leviticus are full of S***.   They don't get to pick and choose which verses are valid to them.

BTW -- I am an ordained minister.   A female, feminist, Democrat, liberal, pro-choice, pro-Gay Marriage, believer in evolution, Harley riding Christian minister.

Quoting SDarvasi:

I like this....but you might not agree.....

epoh
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Religion has no place when it comes to dictating law for an entire nation that is supposed to encompass and embrace different races and beliefs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:02 AM
I quit being a Christian a long time ago.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

OH -- and one more thing:  since the only requirement of being 'Christian' is truly (in your heart) accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord & Savior -- it isn't possible to "quit" being a Christian.   It's not possible to just stop believing in something you've held true in your heart, just because others are completely ignorant asshats.   :)

Quoting DropZoneMom:

Flawed thinking.  You don't have to "quit being a Christian" to refuse being anti-gay.   Here's the thing:  the ONLY places in the Bible that condemn homosexuality are in the Old Testament (and there are only 2 verses).   Modern Christians don't follow the Old Testament -- or we wouldn't be eating pork, and women would still be considered property.  

So all these homophobic bigots quoting Leviticus are full of S***.   They don't get to pick and choose which verses are valid to them.

BTW -- I am an ordained minister.   A female, feminist, Democrat, liberal, pro-choice, pro-Gay Marriage, believer in evolution, Harley riding Christian minister.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I don't agree at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on May. 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM

so?

"Eight days after publication of the Guardian article, Joseph Bruce tweeted "I think [it's] crazy how some press say we're a Christian band and act like we're all religious [...] I'm proud that we believe in God but I haven't been to church since I was like 10. I don't even know if [Utsler has] ever been to church!"[128][129][130] Christianity Today writer Mark Moring also challenged Ronson's characterization, writing that "The guys in ICP haven't used the word 'Christian' or 'evangelical' [...] so let's not call them anything that they're not claiming for themselves."[131]" - Wikipedia.

I highly doubt they would be welcome to church, on SUnday, dressed the way they do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Didnt you know ICP is christian?! !?! !?! They are from around here, so I should know ;)

Quoting ICPclwnLOV:

I love this AND I agree! I'm stealing this pic when I get on the computer.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Angeldolphine
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Hard to do unless I have an example. It's important to take cultural context and the context of the scripture into consideration. Not to mention, the Holy Spirit. That's why there are so many denominations and no one has the exact same beliefs. It's not as black and white as you may think :)

Quoting SDarvasi:

explain the different ways...

Quoting Angeldolphine:

What do you mean by new revised one?

There are different ways to interpret the Bible...

Quoting SDarvasi:

Well..not according to your Bible. Or are you reading the new revised one?

How does the morals of religion change? How can mankind decide what is acceptable if it is "God" who rules all? 

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Yeah...that's weird, I am a Christian who is pro gay rights, a feminist, for "unnatural" birth control, a democrat, very scientific, (I believe in MICROevelution too), and I am pro-choice (which doesn't mean I am for abortions, but for the mother's right to choose) The only one I am unsure about is secular humanist. You can be these things and be a christian lol.

Quoting kryptomom:

Wow.

A little confused about Christian beliefs.

Quoting SDarvasi:

SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on May. 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I never said it was black and white.

It's extremely confusing and all over the map and some people on this side say they're right, and some people on this side think the old testament is right...and some people over think...well, whatever. you get what I'm saying. SO many demoniations and beliefs. None of them make sense to me. Everyone claims different things...who do you believe? How do you know what YOU believe is the right thing? Where's the proof that ANY of it is right?

That's whay I say fuck it. I live my life for me, not a book, not a religion, not some invisible person in the sky...ME. And other people in my life. I refuse to be anything but, me. I will not conform. I will not follow. And if I burn because of it? oh well. I lived a good life while it lasted.

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Hard to do unless I have an example. It's important to take cultural context and the context of the scripture into consideration. Not to mention, the Holy Spirit. That's why there are so many denominations and no one has the exact same beliefs. It's not as black and white as you may think :)

Quoting SDarvasi:

explain the different ways...

Quoting Angeldolphine:

What do you mean by new revised one?

There are different ways to interpret the Bible...

Quoting SDarvasi:

Well..not according to your Bible. Or are you reading the new revised one?

How does the morals of religion change? How can mankind decide what is acceptable if it is "God" who rules all? 

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Yeah...that's weird, I am a Christian who is pro gay rights, a feminist, for "unnatural" birth control, a democrat, very scientific, (I believe in MICROevelution too), and I am pro-choice (which doesn't mean I am for abortions, but for the mother's right to choose) The only one I am unsure about is secular humanist. You can be these things and be a christian lol.

Quoting kryptomom:

Wow.

A little confused about Christian beliefs.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Sylv.the.Wine-O
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Sounds like a plan

Quoting GabrielRiley:

Grabbing my popcorn

hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Anne Rice is my girlfriend.

The Vampire Lestat was the bitchinest vampire novel ever... and her vampire stories were waaaaaay iller than pussy ass Twilight.

Just saying.

Quoting SDarvasi:

TugBoatMama
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Amen! Fuck those sparkly douchebags!

Quoting hp2011:

Anne Rice is my girlfriend.

The Vampire Lestat was the bitchinest vampire novel ever... and her vampire stories were waaaaaay iller than pussy ass Twilight.

Just saying.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)