Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your In-Laws----------->>

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM
  • 61 Replies

The good, the bad, and the ugly. Let it all out!!

What is the most memorable thing your in-laws have ever done? Good or bad?

And what about them do you love/hate?

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I have to say that I have had very good luck with the in-laws. They are very big on "live and let live." Yet they are always there to lend a helping hand when needed.

My mom, on the other hand, is probably a handful. LOL JK. She is great, but probably a lot more than DF is used to, having the parents he does.

TugBoatMama
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
I love my mil. She is very easy going and fun. Certainly doesn't act her age lol. I have never met my fil. He disowned my hubs when he was twelve. He left 6 children behind, moved to Forks, Washington and got a new family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM
They are both drunks and hate me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on May. 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

My mother in law is pretty hands off -  we live 100 miles away from her and only see her when we want to. (she won't drive this far) I do feel a little bad for my kids b/c she isn't really interested in them (My husband has 4 older kids from previous relationships, that she was very involved in) But I don't have any horror stories or anything and I have been married for almost 15 years. 

My husbands family just isn't very close. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I hate that my MIL always wants to borrow money, and seems to thrive in drama. She can't go more than 6 hours without calling or texting me or dh. Dh can't even have a day off without her up his ass! He has broken 2 cell phones in frustration from her constantly bugging him.
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I don't get along with my in laws espically my mil. My mil is a b*****, nosey, rude, very disresepctful and treats me like crap. She is always competing for her son and her grandson attention and if she doens't get her way she trys to make her son feel guilty or he doesn't appericated what she does for him. My mil thinks she needs to know everything that goes in our lives and ask too many damm question and my husband is blind to see his parent's espcially his mom are not prefect and your mean cruel to me.

Baby8901
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
My mother-in-law told me that if I kept eating chocolate that I was going to have a miscarriage. She also would scream through the door at me when her and Df would argue. I was on bedrest and she called me lazy everyday, several times a day.

My sis-in-law is making rainbow tutus for my flower girls. :)

My exmil and exsil threatened to kill me because I'm from Texas and they're from New Jersey and they hate southerners. Lmao

My fil told me that if anything were to happen between Df and I that he would get me a bus ticket home. (when Df and I lived in Cali with his mom).
:) yea, I love my new inlaws!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM

My FIL came to my house bitching that it was dirty and we were going to get our kids taken away. All there was was a load of laundry on the couch that needed to be folded, a puzzle on the table that my kids had been doing 5 mins before he walked in and a few books on the floor. This is also coming from the man who never *raised* any children and is gay.

My SILs tried convincing my husband that our middle child isn't his and that all I did was cheat on him. Not true. I have never cheated. This is them. They are freaking carbon copies!

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Love my inlaws. The first time I met my mil dh and just finished having sex and she came knocking on his door. All I could find of my clothes at the time was shirt and unfies. So there I sat talking to her half dressed. I eas so embarrassed lol. And oddly enough it was sittng there talking to her like that is the reason why she liked me so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I can't think of a specific thing they have done. Probably just showing up at df's job out of nowhere and making his day. They live 15 hours away, so a trip that long is kinda hard to keep quiet about. 

I love that they have been so accepting of my oldest daughter. They have 4 biological grandkids, and 2 grandkids from their DIL's previous relationships (they only have sons). My DD and the other adoptive grandchild do not see an inkling of difference in treatment. It warms my heart.

I can't say I hate anything about them. Except that MIL is the best cook ever, and sooner or later, I will have to learn to live up to that..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN