Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have not made dinner in about a year

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 36 Replies

At my house that is. 

Every day we go to my Mom's house for dinner. Except for Wednesdays when we go to my MILs for dinner.  We live only 5 minutes away from my Mom. I enjoy seeing her and spending time with her and so do my kids. I think its great how close we all are! Makes for wonderful memories :)

Sometimes I cook dinner at her house, sometimes she cooks. Just depends on who feels like cooking lol 

We'll bring food there to cook so she is not always providing. 

My husband doesn't always feel like going over, so sometimes he will just stay home and my kids and I will head over to my Mom's place. 

And, I think that's everything I wanted to say lol

by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a nice situation. I wish I had that type of interaction with family ♥

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Ok....
beerebelly
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Sounds fun!  My dh likes my mom plenty but he wouldn't be too happy going over there every night. He likes our family dinners at home.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on May. 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

:/

Darcyfisher
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds nice!
LampPost
1 mom liked this
Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sylv.the.Wine-O

?

Quoting JDmommyJD:

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on May. 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

lol I couldnt really put my thought into words.. Lemme try..

I would rather eat at home with my family everynight. Even if you were cooking, your still going out for dinner.. leaving the house kind of going out that is.. And i just would die doing that every night. Also, I would feel bad leaving my husband home alone so I could go eat with my mom. Dinner is about family time, where you and your husband adn children sit together, eat, and talk about your day.. Just seams broken.. Only My opinion tho and if it works for you good.. Which is why I only put the :/ the first time  :)

Quoting Sylv.the.Wine-O:

?

Quoting JDmommyJD:

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I basically rent out my parents house, on the condition that 4 months of the year, they live here too (it's a big house so not a big deal at all, but for the remainder of the year, they live on their boat, or for a month in the winter, vacation in florida).

And I have to say it IS nice to be able to alternate cooking like that, and see family a lot and spend time with them for meals :).

Besides, my mom is a WAY better cook than I am. lol.

Shabbydoll78
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww, I love that ! 

We live pretty close to my grandmother, and we go over to her house for dinner once a week. The whole family gets together and makes dinner, and the kids get to play with their cousins. It's a nice tradition.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)