Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

section 8 living.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I hear all different things about it. I hear its nicer then some houses. And then I hear its crappy like living in the ghetto.. just curious if anyone really knows the truth?? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

yay! a new post about PA!

How new and original!

I see bashers this way come.....

Avitar
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Section 8 is just the financial aspect of subsidized housing, you choose where to live based on what city you want to live in and who is accepting it as a form of rental payment. It can be company owned or privately owned property.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

From what I've seen around town, it varies.

There are some landlords who accept section 8 for houses and it's no different than regular renting.  Some are pits and others are nice.

Same with apartments.  Some are quite nice and others look the part, LOL.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM

what is section 8 living?

Livv066
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends where you live. My mom has a 2 townhouses that are attatched to each other. She has them listed/qualified as section 8. They are really nice, it has a yard. One of them has a working fireplace, and they both have a bonus room, & 3 bed 1 bath. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Quoting Avitar:

Section 8 is just the financial aspect of subsidized housing, you choose where to live based on what city you want to live in and who is accepting it as a form of rental payment. It can be company owned or privately owned property.

Thankyou for answering my question. That more clear then what ive been hearing.

tonesofhome
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I would guess it would depend on where you live.

I lived in some townhouses that were section 8, when I stayed with an ex bf and his mom. They weren't so bad, they werenkt super nice either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Look through the paper. There are section 8 houses in all areas. I listed my rentals as section 8 welcome but have not ended up renting to any. They're located in nice areas. Most landlords (according to my realtor) like section 8 because their rent is pretty much guaranteed and the renter will most likely be long term (if they move they run the risk of losing it) guess it just depends where they chose it live.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
It's just a form of payment. As long as the owner or management accept section 8 you could live anywhere. I live in a private building and I have section 8. We have a private park, laundry room and door man.
cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM
all depends... There are some apartment complexes and house owners that rent to section 8 people. Then there is section 8 housing that here used to be suuuuuuuper ghetto.. But they tore them down and built extremely nice apartments (at least it looks like it).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)