Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I Talk To My Dead Mama.....

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 133 Replies
11 moms liked this
While my mom was battling cancer, she would call me every morning. We would conversate for at least an hour, during our cup of coffee.

If she was visiting my house, we would go outside on my back porch & sit & chat about nothing at all. :)

We almost never had anything important to discuss, it was just a way of having some genuine time together. We both looked forward to starting our day together.

Anyways, since she lost her battle with cancer, I still spend every morning with her. Without exception, every morning I make my cup of coffee & head out to my back porch. I sit in my chair & start each conversation with "Good morning, mama!" *smiling into the sky*

Somedays, it seems that the birds respond to my mood. If I approach my day with laughter & good thoughts, the birds sing happily. Even making silly noises that make me laugh harder. Other days, i'll be more somber & heart broken. Desperately missing my mom, as the birds grow quieter & seem to hum more than chirp....

Either way: my morning cup of coffee & conversations with my mama are what help to get me through each passing day.

Call me crazy, if you must.

Though, one couldn't possibly understand the heartache & emptiness I feel, unless they too have lost the woman who gave them life. :*-(

*braces myself*

Go ahead! Tell me I need medication. LOL! I'll just sit here & chat with the birds while you bash me. :-P

*end confession*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robe739IsBack
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Bumpity bump bump. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I think thats awesome. Its no different from visiting a grave site and chatting. Doesnt make you crazy. Just means you loved your mom. Sometimes Ill look up at the sky to say I love you or I miss you to the family I have recently lost. Hugs momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Um... that is not crazy at all... i think its great you had a great relationship with your mama and you still feel that you do, your at peace with your mother's death... what's wrong with that? my mom is worse she actually dreams that she is on the phone with my grandma who has been dead for like 7 years and she wakes up with her cell phone in her hand.... 

Sweets27
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you're crazy. I would feel the same way. (Hugs)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2mms
by Kristin on May. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

You aren't crazy, you just miss your mom. I think it is sweet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I'm not sure I can understand how you love and miss someone who was so terrible to you. Up until she found out she was dying, she was an addict.

I've read just about every post you've made. I read your life story.
Breezie_Starr
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

nothing wrong with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Hopefully she has a good long distance plan!

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Um... that is not crazy at all... i think its great you had a great relationship with your mama and you still feel that you do, your at peace with your mother's death... what's wrong with that? my mom is worse she actually dreams that she is on the phone with my grandma who has been dead for like 7 years and she wakes up with her cell phone in her hand.... 

nikki32230
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I think it's sweet, I wish I would have had that time with m dad before he passed, but it was so sudden.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amomynous_j
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM

i think it's awesome. she's smiling down at you and chatting back every morning. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)