Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the f***ity-f*** is it now......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Ok, I have a relative who is fucking nuts.  So seriously, looney.  Grew up with her and had to put up with her being a complete bitch one second and then POOF turned into America's Sweetheart the next second. 

I have sworn for years that she isn't bi-polar, that she is multiple-personality.  Each of her "moods" responds to a different version of her name, she can and will 'switch' these 'moods' at the drop of a dime.  She sometimes has memory loss from one of these to another.  The whole "no I didn't say that" or "I don't remember doing that" The best was "unless you have pictures I very highly doubt that happened".

Anyway.  With these like I said she will go from one extreme to another.  One of them is a slut, one is sweet, one is the cool person you would want to hand with, one has a death wish, one has just a psyho-lunatic bitch (for example will follow someone home and be almost attacking them, screaming her head off at them for cutting her off while driving).

Both she and I have been through a great deal and while I've come through "normal" (well, as normal I suppose as you can get from what we dealt with) she, well- fractured.

Well, she FINALLY went to seak help and this doctor told her she was bi-polar.

NO FUCKING WAY. 

He gave her bi-polar meds, they were adjusted several times and guess what?! They made her WORSE!!!  She even started drinking again. Ya, bad news with the meds.

So anyway...  Lead through to this latest incident. She stopped taking the meds, leveled out to her more "normal" self, started going to AA (whoowhee!) and was actually trying some of the things I had found about multiple-personality because she knew the doctor had been wrong. 

Her BF at this time is over-seas in the service. 

Well, she goes to this AA meeting, winds up seeing someone we both used to know.  She is texting and calling me about it.  I tell her- he's bad news, but if he's getting help, great.  But you don't need that- go home and take care of you and your dog right now.

So instead she goes and sits with another person she AND her BF know.  He's comfortable because he knows her BF, who she misses desperately, and he likes talking about her BF.  They went after and got coffe, still talkign about BF.

2 meetings later, this friend asks if he can get in on the Skype session that was planned for after the meeting to be able to say HI to BF too.  ***She has told BF all about talking with him and such and he was OK with it**  So he goes over to my relative's place.

Wouldn't you know, the person 2 doors down has been stalking her.  WHy?  Well, he's a drug-addict, and her one personality was leading him on when she had first moved in.  After she started gaining some control back, she tried to distance from him, but he was doing things like standing on her porch and looking in the windows to "check on her".  He then started doing it out on the sidewalk because the police (when she called) said that since he was out there, it was OK.  SERIOUSLY????  Standing out of someone's home everyday is not stalking???????????????????????????

Back to the Skype session.  So she and this friend are talking to BF via Skype.  When it's over friend goes to leave, but while walking to his car gets CHASED down the street by this stalker neighbor.  My relative calls the police.  They come, talk to them all,find that friend has a warrant for him from (of all things) parking tickets and TAKE HIM INTO CUSTODY! 

What did they do about stalker???  Nothing.  Not a damn thing.  They even gave him the fucking knife back.  So my relative starts yelling at the police (never good) about how this person has been stalking her, harrassing her, chased this friend with a knife and they are arressing the WRONG person!!

Well,guess what happened?  Yup, they arrested her and never touched the stalker.

Honestly, I couldn't make this shit up.  This is the life she has, this is what I get calls about 7 times a day over, all hours.  Then she will "disappear" for weeks, months, then it is constant calls and happennings anymore.

Any of you have a friend or relative that you have to deal with like this???

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Ugh. No. I am exhausted just reading your story. I'm sorry she isn't healthy mentaly. And being arrested is not going to help. Sounds like she should be comitted or something...I hope everything works out. As far as the meds. I think bipolar meds can be the same as (*some) multiple personality disorders. It is just a matter of finding what meds work for her. It takes time and patience(which sounds hard to come by anymore) I really hope she gets the help she needs...crazy shit. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Ugh. No. I am exhausted just reading your story. I'm sorry she isn't healthy mentaly. And being arrested is not going to help. Sounds like she should be comitted or something...I hope everything works out. As far as the meds. I think bipolar meds can be the same as (*some) multiple personality disorders. It is just a matter of finding what meds work for her. It takes time and patience(which sounds hard to come by anymore) I really hope she gets the help she needs...crazy shit. Lol

Oh she was exhibiting the multiple-personalities WAY before the bi-polar meds.  That's how I know she was diagnosed incorrectly.

A few months after BF was home, broke it off with her because she was so "out there" and she started seeing another guy, who was COMPLETELY controlling.  What happened with that is a whole other tale...

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Aw. That sucks. Its sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Oh she was exhibiting the multiple-personalities WAY before the bi-polar meds.  That's how I know she was diagnosed incorrectly.

A few months after BF was home, broke it off with her because she was so "out there" and she started seeing another guy, who was COMPLETELY controlling.  What happened with that is a whole other tale...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I don't, but it sounds like your relative needs some serious help, mostly someone there for her. it probably drives you nuts, can't blame you, but she sounds very mentally ill.
IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Your life, and family, sound ridiculous and way over-dramatic. Y'all should find some productive hobbies...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

Your life, and family, sound ridiculous and way over-dramatic. Y'all should find some productive hobbies...

Um, sweetheart, I HAVE many hobbies.  I HAVE a life that isn't over-dramatic- except for this kind of shit I get DRAGGED into because I am a good person and don't aboandon those who need my help.

You need to stop being so judgemental about other people's lives when you haven't heard a single word about their life.

Never mentioned MY life in that post.  Was talking about what my RELATIVE went through recently.

Oh and she has many hobbies and tries to be stress-free, however mental illness tumps your wants!!

Wow.

IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I'm sorry, after the word sweetheart, I stopped reading. 

Carry on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

Um, sweetheart, I HAVE many hobbies.  I HAVE a life that isn't over-dramatic- except for this kind of shit I get DRAGGED into because I am a good person and don't aboandon those who need my help.

You need to stop being so judgemental about other people's lives when you haven't heard a single word about their life.

Never mentioned MY life in that post.  Was talking about what my RELATIVE went through recently.

Oh and she has many hobbies and tries to be stress-free, however mental illness tumps your wants!!

Wow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN