Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I could slap my MIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

SO has been out of a job and has desperately been looking.. on top of that helping watch our LO during the day. With one vehicle and crappy phone service to get on the internet.. he is limited. Well MIL has been without a job for 2 years.. sits on her lazy smelly ass all day watching T.V. and screwing around on the internet. Since she has to contribute to rent and utilities.. she has to get a job or she'll be living out of her car. She some how managed to find a program that will pay her way for college and provide a certain amount of money for living.. how she found something like that I have damn idea!! She had an interview a few weeks ago.. well guess what.. the lucky bitch got it. How she got it.. I don't know.. the place must be desperate. 

I've never liked the woman.. I've put up with her attitude, her mouth and her disgusting smell all for my SO. He has been super depressed about not being able to find a job and the bitch calls/texts him daily about a place she found that she is applying for, has an interview or had a call from. Not to be like "Hey, call this place or it's better to go in" or anything. Just to throw it in his face.. not only that but that she started her on-line college this week.

Today she calls him knowing that he has a shit ton of things to accomplish all to tell him that she landed a job.. and not just that she got a job.. but how much she will be making.. what her schedule will be like and how it works with her "school". SO calls me pissed the fuck off.. he has many times expressed to her that he is happy that she going to school.. that she is actually putting an effort into finding a job.. but to please not throw it in his face. She rolls her eyes and whatever and tells him to man up. WTF?! I'd be pissed and asking for that simple request too if my BM or SM were doing the same thing. 

He convinced me to allow her to watch our LO when we were both working.. it took a lot of convincing. I had enough and told him that she was no longer watching our LO with some things that were going on. When she first started coming to the house she lived about 20 minutes away.. she said that she didn't want an outrageous amount of money.. just enough to cover gas. Well she has a descent car that has awesome mileage so I figure $10 at most is fine. She could eat/drink just about anything in the house as long as it obviously wasn't for the baby. She could watch T.V., movies.. whatever. Well SO told me anywhere from $10-$20 a day was fine. She watched LO 3 days a week and the bitch made out with nearly $80 a week from me and would still complain. After a few weeks she moved a little closer.. so I bumped it to only $10 a day.. it would take weeks for her to use a full tank of gas for back and forth. She bitched at that!!! You're spending time with your Grandchild.. sit on your ass and eat me out of house and home and leave the place a pigsty and my LO disgusting by the time I got home.. be thankful I am giving you anything!!

So now I am fed up with the lady and want her out of my life. SO basically wants nothing to do with her right now. Which I understand. Oh wow.. speaking of which.. she's calling me right now while I'm at work and she knows that! (I'm on lunch break.) 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nathansmommy331
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM
So change your numbers & cut her out of your lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM

If it were only that easy LOL

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Sounds like you guys are taking it personally. Im shocked you're complaining about paying her for childcare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jayme1978
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I dont know what to say? Why are there programs for middle aged lazy women? You're husband deserves that. I'm sorry and I hope things get better for yall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Renee47
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Why doesnt your so try to get into the program that she is in it sounds like a great program

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for her for getting a job...it's not easy right now. Sounds like you suck as a daughter in law as much as she does as a MIL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM

When we first talked about it she said she wanted nothing even after we said we would give her something. She came into our lives when LO was 11 months, she just wanted the time with her. On the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd day she pushed the money issue. Her BF pays for everything so she didn't need money up until they moved. What bothers me is that she complained about how much we were paying her.. she knows that we can't afford actual daycare and she agreed in the beginnig that anything over $20 would way too much in our situation.. especially since we would buy food and drinks for the few days that she was there. 

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Sounds like you guys are taking it personally. Im shocked you're complaining about paying her for childcare.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Wow

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for her for getting a job...it's not easy right now. Sounds like you suck as a daughter in law as much as she does as a MIL

Actually no .. I've gone out of my way to help her and her BF in the 6 months I have known her. Helped them get a new place to live - helped them move everything to storage and their new place with our vehicle on top of taking time off to do it.. got her in contact with insurance reps for car and health insurance. We chipped in to buy her 2 new tires and have yet to receive a single penny for them and we haven't bruoght that up to her or her BF. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Quoting Renee47:

Why doesnt your so try to get into the program that she is in it sounds like a great program

We talked about him going back to school for AC work since he used to work with AC's years ago.. he has to get his GED and some other liscenses before hand though. I've been researching what and who to go to about whatever it is that she found and can't find a thing. I asked her about it when she first talked about a few weeks back and she won't come off with any information about it other than it's from the State.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)