Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a sahm with a housekeeper and a mother's helper.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Some will call me lazy and not a real mother but that's okay, you know if you had enough money you would be doing the same thing. My helper does not raise my kids. She is there to help me(obviously) she does the little nitty gritty things I don't want to do. DD gets pudding all over her face and clothes? My helper runs and grabs her new clothes. If I need to pick my son up from school early for whatever reason, the helper is there to watch DD. She will entertain my DD for me if I need to make lunch or help my son with homework.

The houskeeper vacuums, organizes the closets, cleans the floors, windows, dusts, makes are bed, and puts away all the clean laundry. 

It makes me happier and enjoy being with my children more. I became a stay at home mom to be with my kids, not to clean up all day. And as for the helper, she is just here to make my life easier and who doesn't want that? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Replies (91-96):
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Me too:)

Quoting Anonymous:

When I hear the term " mothers helper " I think about an aging housewife zonked out of pain pills and mood stabilizers. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:50 AM

If I could afford it, I would. Nothing wrong with an extra set of hands. Besides I hate cleaning!

Adamsmommy602
by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:05 AM
I was a mothers helper for a sahm . I entertained the child help prep dinner etc . She worked part time from home so she would be on the computer and phone alot . I didnt clean the whole house but i helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Ive had a cleaner before...when I was working though.

I find it the ultimate in laziness to have a "helper" though.  I mean wtf...you cant even clean your kids face?  Because you dont wanna....HUGE PARENT FAIL.

I dont believe you have a helper for those jobs you say you have her for....its human to use and abuse those who are being paid to do shit, not to have them do nothing but wipe the kids face at lunchtime or play with her while you do "homework" with your son.  That a jokes and amusing :-)

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 3:11 AM
I don't believe you. Simply because anyone who felt as you claim you do, wouldn't feel the need to say something like "you know if you had enough money you would be doing the same thing" that just screams bored lady trolling on cafemom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ICPclwnLOV
by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:28 AM
Care.com is a great website to use.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

If you don't mind answering, how did you find your mother's helper? My husband has been on my rear to find a mother's helper, but I don't even have a clue as to how to find one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN