Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I paint my son's toenails.

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM
  • 151 Replies
11 moms liked this
I was painting my nails today and DS asked if I'd do his. (He is 4.) I told him, "Sure, what color?" He wanted one foot pink and one white. LOL After I painted them, he proclaimed me the best Momma ever and happily trotted off.

I really didn't foresee drama here. Anyhow, a few have said, "Poor kid," or, "That's so sad." When I ask why though, you don't answer. So my question is, why is he a poor kid and why is it sad? He is quite happy as was quite upset when his dad told him nail polish is for girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2ljh
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:20 PM
9 moms liked this

He's very pleased. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coconut01
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Very cute! He's only 4 - doesn't know any better.

My DD is 4 and wants to wear Captain America costumes more than princess costumes. So she wears her younger brothers (2T-3T) costumes, that are WAY to small, but loves it LMFAO!

Be prepared though, I'm sure many moms are going to have nasty opinions about this.....

Aadensma
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Ugh my dh ruined all this stuff for ds and me! He would tell ds when he was like 2 that dresses are for girls. We'd be at the store and I'd grab those princess costumes and say "here you go!" But dh would step in and say, "those are for girls!" Same thing with fingernail/toenail painting. I did paint ds's toenails once but he freaked out right away and wanted it off lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this
DH will be a little irritated but will let it go. DS prefers girl toys in his kids meal, his favorite colors are pink and purple and he likes to dress up as a princess. He also loves Tae Kwon Do, digging in the dirt, rolling on the floor with the cats and dogs.
The "girly" things irk DH but I tell him to get over it. He's only a kid once.

Quoting Aadensma:

Ugh my dh ruined all this stuff for ds and me! He would tell ds when he was like 2 that dresses are for girls. We'd be at the store and I'd grab those princess costumes and say "here you go!" But dh would step in and say, "those are for girls!" Same thing with fingernail/toenail painting. I did paint ds's toenails once but he freaked out right away and wanted it off lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM

My son loves getting his nails painted! I've been doing it since he was 2(almost 6 now). He use to love to play with make up. He got really good with it!

michelles89
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM
My son will be 3 in August he wants his toes done when I do my nails ad I let him in a boy color lol he dresses in princess dresses at his cousins and plays with baby dolls at home I could care less he wants to play what he wants to play and he still plays trucks digs in dirt and mud he's still a boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amomynous_j
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

a few weeks ago i painted ds' fingers and toes silver. he was the proudest lil guy! haha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor kid.  

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I would never paint my son's toes my husband would divcored me LOL but he loves help me pick out my new polish color when it's time to get my nails and toes done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN