Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should NCPs have a room for the child during visitation?

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM
  • 114 Replies

In every childsupport post there is always a common opinion that childsupport should go towards rent/mortgage because the custodial parent wouldn't need extra bedrooms if the children didn't live with them. Those with that opinion....do you feel the NCP should have extra bedrooms for the children when they visit?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

My SD has her own room at our house, but not at her mom's (BM is the custodial parent). To answer your question, I don't think it's necessary.

KME445
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Having your own room at the NCP is ideal, where possible.  However, sometimes it is just not possible.  Just like some kids who live with both parents have to share a room.  

skyes_mama
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM
If they visit over night I would want my child to at least have their own bed and space.

But idk I don't have that issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM
It's nice, but I don't think it is necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Maybe NOT neccessary but it would be nice if the child did have his/her own room. The child would feel more comfortable

MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM
My ss had his own room until a week ago when we moved ds in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kemmerer411
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
It's nice but not necessary. My husband and I are together but two of my children still have to share a room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM
It's ideal, but sometimes not possible. I don't think its a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
donnadea
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I think it depends on a few things. Does the child only visit for the day or do they spend the night/weekend there?  Also their age is another factor.

In most circumstances I think its good to have a room for them with their own things if they some times stay over night. If they don't stay over night and they only visit for a few hours at a time or just for the day then maybe not their own room but at least an area where they can keep their things.

blue_elephant
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't care if my kids share a room, but I do care if they are sleeping on the couch, I've made it clear that them sleeping on the couch is not acceptable, they will have a bed even if its a blow up mattress, he will also provide clothes for them while they are there and carseats, he has been unemployed for 2 months so he hasn't been paying child support, so I refuse to supply things that were paid for by me, and I am well within my rights also...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN