Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should NCPs have a room for the child during visitation?

Posted by   + Show Post

In every childsupport post there is always a common opinion that childsupport should go towards rent/mortgage because the custodial parent wouldn't need extra bedrooms if the children didn't live with them. Those with that opinion....do you feel the NCP should have extra bedrooms for the children when they visit?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I think it would be important, but it depends on age. I'm not the custodial parent to my 4yo, but he's got his own room and bed here.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM

we had a room for my sdd when we first moved in together, when she came to stay every other weekend.

that was 7 years ago. in the last 4 years. we no longer see her, she is not welcome in our home< and yes her father aggrees with this> but we still pay cs, and if df wants to see her he goes to her.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM
When my sd visited last summer ahe slept in my dd room and dd slept in my room. We didnt feel the need to have a 4 bedroom apt for a girl that one we havent seen in 10 yrs and two only comes out for a week if she wants too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM
sd stays the summer and she takes over her little brothers room when shes here and dd and ds share a room bedtime is easier when she has her own room
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM

if its on a regular basis, at least their own bed. but if its just summers or something like that, then no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Almost 100% if you can establish that full responsibility falls on them. It would be hard to place it all on the person at fault for the divorce though because most of the time the reason for divorce was evident in dating, engagement, etc. People will blindly or foolishly ignore things and then want to cry victim when the spouse doesn't change. 

Quoting Luna091306:

Shouldn't the person at fault for the divorce be responsible for the extra costs?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. This is the cost you incur when you marry the wrong person or won't invest in the right person. It's not the kids fault. Two homes cost a butt load and the kids deserve own space in both places. 

GraceHudson
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM
nice

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Having their own room would be ideal, however with the way cs is formulated it doesn't take that into consideration necessarily. I do think it's important they have their own space at the very least. Even if that's half a room that they're sharing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reava
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:01 PM
My ex and his wife have 5 kids between them. I don't expect my dd to have her own room as long as she has somewhere to sleep and is safe, I'm ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM

True. Most of the time both parties claim irreconcilable differences anyways. I was just thinking in cases of one spouse cheating on the other or leaving for a different relationship. The NCP isn't always at fault though, kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

Almost 100% if you can establish that full responsibility falls on them. It would be hard to place it all on the person at fault for the divorce though because most of the time the reason for divorce was evident in dating, engagement, etc. People will blindly or foolishly ignore things and then want to cry victim when the spouse doesn't change. 

Quoting Luna091306:

Shouldn't the person at fault for the divorce be responsible for the extra costs?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. This is the cost you incur when you marry the wrong person or won't invest in the right person. It's not the kids fault. Two homes cost a butt load and the kids deserve own space in both places. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)