Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should NCPs have a room for the child during visitation?

Posted by   + Show Post

In every childsupport post there is always a common opinion that childsupport should go towards rent/mortgage because the custodial parent wouldn't need extra bedrooms if the children didn't live with them. Those with that opinion....do you feel the NCP should have extra bedrooms for the children when they visit?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Replies (51-60):
prinzesstephi
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM
They should have a bed, and if old enough, a room with only sane gender siblings in my opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Is eowe often?

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

yes if they see them often
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paulswifey11
by TashaL on May. 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM

my kids dont even have a bedroom at my exes and i cant do anything about it. in indiana the ncp doesnt have to even have a bed for the child. they also do not need to supply anything as far as clothing, shoes, or carseats. since i get cs that is all up to me. funny thing is my ex thinks he is better than me and doesnt want to use my stuff. and he only has to pay 45 every week for 2 girls

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I wouldn't expect if they were only over there a couple weekends a month.  If he is paying me child support there is a good chance he may not be able to afford an extra room that is going to be used that little.

LoganTroyMom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quoting pristine729:

for a whole weekend or just a few hrs?

if they share together or with stepsiblings thats ok.. but i wouldnt feel comfortable with my kids sleeping on the couch! maybe if it was a 1x a mo thing.. idk. if df and i seperated id expect him to have at least a room for our boys to share!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah man, he's mine and he'll a l w a y s be

The b e s t thing that ever happened to me

You can't turn it off like electricity

I love him u n c o n d i t i o n a l l y

I'll take the blame and claim him every time

Yeah, y'all, he's m i n e ♥ [L.A.H. T.A.H. D.A.H.]
Mom2theboy1994
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I think it would a long way to make a child feel at home with that parent. I realize it's not always monetarily feasible, but I do think a child having his/her own space is important.

Queen_Bree
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM

my kids only spend the night at their dad's ocassionally, if they were there on a regular weekly visitation schedule I would want them to have their own room. 

pristine729
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM
But then your ex would be paying for one and half bedrooms and you would only pay for 1/2 of one...

Anyways, it would be whole weekend, and not much different than if my niece was here eowe... while it's nice for them to have their own space, it's not always plausible.

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

Quoting pristine729:

for a whole weekend or just a few hrs?

if they share together or with stepsiblings thats ok.. but i wouldnt feel comfortable with my kids sleeping on the couch! maybe if it was a 1x a mo thing.. idk. if df and i seperated id expect him to have at least a room for our boys to share!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liza-mae
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

my kids have thier own room at home, but  they share one at thier dads, they NEVER go thier over night sometimes for the day, but never longer

Jeni1124
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

This is a case by case IMO, not a blanket yes/no.

My daughter is not currently having overnight visits, but we plan to resume them in the future. Seeing as she has no siblings she wouldn't be able to just crash with a sibling and at nearly 5 years old it is not appropriate to share a bed with Daddy. So, if she doesn't have his own room at his place then some kind of arrangement would need to be made.

In our case though...my STBX shares an apartment with his brother and they are both trying to get weekend visits with their kids so the cousins could "share" an extra room in the apartment (they have a 3 bedroom right now) and each use it on visits.

We'll see what happens in the future when their lease is up though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)