Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I turned down a full time job offer... updated!

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 28 Replies
And I kind of regret it. I work part time now. I would have had higher pay, more responsibility and it's what I wanted. But I couldn't do it. Both my husband and I would have been working 40+ hours a week and that's not fair to my kids.

I still feel like I should have accepted though. :(

Update!

So... I'm going at least to the interview to find out more. What has been running through my head is that maybe dh goes part time so he can focus on school while I bring in the bacon. Lol. But nothing is set in stone and I'm not making a final decision until I get more information.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Whenever you have those feelings of regret, remind yourself of the consquences it would have on your kids.

GraceHudson
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM
bump

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
How is it not fair to your kids, lots of kids have two full time working parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

girl i know the feeling. i accepted a job but i have to leave town on business for 3 days.  ive never been away from the kids or dh.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Because *I* don't think it is.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

How is it not fair to your kids, lots of kids have two full time working parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I worked full time and my son turned out fine. I see no issue with 2 parents working full time
ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:01 PM
And we've done it before. But at this point, it's not right for us.

Quoting SarahLizyB:

My husband and I worked full time and my son turned out fine. I see no issue with 2 parents working full time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supergirl362
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I think that you need to do what is best for your family. Forget what everyone else says. If both of you working full time 40+ hour jobs a week isn't what you want for your family/kids, then it's your decision. Don't regret anything either as I'm sure something better will come along when it's right for your family. =)

Quoting ColieO:

~Phillipians 4:13~

ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I LOVE working. I love socializing with my customers, making money, being GOOD at something. I wouldn't mind going on business trips even. But my husband works 50 hours a week, is in school and it's our families that have volunteered to babysit so it would be a lot of stress for everyone.

Quoting mommysangelface:

girl i know the feeling. i accepted a job but i have to leave town on business for 3 days.  ive never been away from the kids or dh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I know. I just feel like I'm giving up a big opportunity.

Quoting supergirl362:

I think that you need to do what is best for your family. Forget what everyone else says. If both of you working full time 40+ hour jobs a week isn't what you want for your family/kids, then it's your decision. Don't regret anything either as I'm sure something better will come along when it's right for your family. =)

Quoting ColieO:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured