Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting IUD Removed Tomorrow And On PA. Any ?s

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am getting my IUD removed tomorrow so that DF and can start TTC. We have three kids already, and this is the last one. I'm gonna get fixed after the baby is born.
Any questions?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Replies (51-60):
Hevmccann
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Let your body have at least one cycle before ttc. Not saying it will happen but I had my iud removed on the 19 of Jan, got prefers before a cycle, found out I was pregers on march 4 and found out I had a blight ovum (where something starts but doesn't follow through) and currently in the process of a mc. Give your body a chance to get back on track after removal. Hope all goes well.
AnnaNonamus
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

This. Add to that- just because you've finished school, and are licensed, doesn't mean you'll get a job immediately. Add to that a near-immediate maternity leave, and you'll have even less employers looking to hire someone who will be gone again almost as soon as you started.

Having a plan is 1 thing. Executing the plan exactly to your needs and having every piece fall into place is a far different matter.

1- what will you do if you wind up pregnant immediately, and are unable to find a job quickly? Will you get off PA anyway?

2- What if your family has an emergency- a car dies, you need to replace a major appliance, your child needs braces, etc- what will happen to the 'nest egg' you hope to have saved up, if stuff comes up that prevents it?

3- What will happen if you are placed on bedrest, and have no income? Will you stay on PA?

4- What if your husband loses his job?

There are countless "What If's", and you simply can not plan for all of them, when you currently can't even put food on the table without help.

It's irresponsible to TTC before you are finacially able to support your family. If it's a matter of months, then wait those months, and get on your feet first so you have a realistic idea of what you'll be bringing home, and how fast you'll actually be off PA.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I'll admit I didn't read all the replies, but I'll say this:
It sounds like you are counting your chickens before they hatch!

What if you end up with a complicated pregnancy, and on bedrest or something?  What if you can't perform your job b/c of something happening in the pregnancy?  Even people with excellent health and NO risk factors can end up with preterm labor and complications.  (Yes, this is my biggest concern b/c all my children had me on bedrest and were risky!  I miscarried several times, twice in the second trimester.  You never know what will happen.)

How long will it take to get this license?  If it won't take too long, it just might be better to wait until the day after you are hired somewhere to take out that IUD, kwim?  And 30 is a good age to stop if you want, but 31 wouldn't be the end of the world to ensure your family is completely taken care of.

cklamour
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea! What she said!

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

This. Add to that- just because you've finished school, and are licensed, doesn't mean you'll get a job immediately. Add to that a near-immediate maternity leave, and you'll have even less employers looking to hire someone who will be gone again almost as soon as you started.

Having a plan is 1 thing. Executing the plan exactly to your needs and having every piece fall into place is a far different matter.

1- what will you do if you wind up pregnant immediately, and are unable to find a job quickly? Will you get off PA anyway?

2- What if your family has an emergency- a car dies, you need to replace a major appliance, your child needs braces, etc- what will happen to the 'nest egg' you hope to have saved up, if stuff comes up that prevents it?

3- What will happen if you are placed on bedrest, and have no income? Will you stay on PA?

4- What if your husband loses his job?

There are countless "What If's", and you simply can not plan for all of them, when you currently can't even put food on the table without help.

It's irresponsible to TTC before you are finacially able to support your family. If it's a matter of months, then wait those months, and get on your feet first so you have a realistic idea of what you'll be bringing home, and how fast you'll actually be off PA.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I'll admit I didn't read all the replies, but I'll say this:
It sounds like you are counting your chickens before they hatch!

What if you end up with a complicated pregnancy, and on bedrest or something?  What if you can't perform your job b/c of something happening in the pregnancy?  Even people with excellent health and NO risk factors can end up with preterm labor and complications.  (Yes, this is my biggest concern b/c all my children had me on bedrest and were risky!  I miscarried several times, twice in the second trimester.  You never know what will happen.)

How long will it take to get this license?  If it won't take too long, it just might be better to wait until the day after you are hired somewhere to take out that IUD, kwim?  And 30 is a good age to stop if you want, but 31 wouldn't be the end of the world to ensure your family is completely taken care of.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Renee47
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM

That is nice so your husband doesnt work

I_love_my_girls
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM
What does color have to do with this? You're also stupid. Public assistance should be a demolished program. The poor can become their own god damn problem, I'm sorry.
No one feeds me or my children, why should I feed you and yours?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Are you having another to get more food stamps?
CrickettyBoo
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Ikr

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

OK pot stirrer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I'm having another to keep my free health care. I <3 the system. Thank you America.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Smart one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Lmao!!!! That makes total sense. Wow. No wonder you people are in bad situations. Uneducated, idiots.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm having another to keep my free health care. I <3 the system. Thank you America.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured