Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about the Bible...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you believe Genesis, that Eve came from Adam's rib, wouldn't they share identical DNA? If so, Eve would have been a man, therefore God did create Adam and Steve, right? And if God somehow changed Eve's DNA, then wouldn't God be ok with genetic modificaton and cloning?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Replies (191-200):
SDarvasi
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM

then explain to me who it was written by.

Quoting Anonymous:

No it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

What? The bible itself says it was written by man!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm serious. Someday you'll know.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously? The bible was written by man, then new versions (ex. KJV was REwritten by different men)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

God.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

No it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously? The bible was written by man, then new versions (ex. KJV was REwritten by different men)

SDarvasi
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM

So...God wrote it with his own invisible hands? Or he told "man" what to write, since there are so many different stories....which ones did God write? them all? so everyone's individual story or experience was actually GOD, not them? And all the expectations or people, and the negative stuff, and the domination of women, and the human sacrifices, and the babies being beat on the head with rocks, and how to treat the slaves, and who's going to burn in hell and for what they did or didn't do......that's all God???

Quoting Anonymous:

God.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

No it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Ask Him.

Quoting SDarvasi:

So...God wrote it with his own invisible hands? Or he told "man" what to write, since there are so many different stories....which ones did God write? them all? so everyone's individual story or experience was actually GOD, not them? And all the expectations or people, and the negative stuff, and the domination of women, and the human sacrifices, and the babies being beat on the head with rocks, and how to treat the slaves, and who's going to burn in hell and for what they did or didn't do......that's all God???

Quoting Anonymous:

God.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

No it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

SDarvasi
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM

hahaha...buit he doesn't talk back!  I used to be a Christian. I know the saying "you can't hear his voice, but the answer you'll find in your heart"..blah blah blah....i can't ask something that doesn't exist or doesn't talk to me...it's impossible. he's not a person. He's not going to write me a 5 page letter with explainations of the bible and his word.....or we would all know the truth by now and no one would question it.

Are you trying to make me look like a crazy person?? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Ask Him.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

God.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

No it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM

If God allowed solid proof that would eliminate free will. You would then be forced to love and respect Him. He doesn't want that. He gives you a choice. 

Quoting SDarvasi:

hahaha...buit he doesn't talk back!  I used to be a Christian. I know the saying "you can't hear his voice, but the answer you'll find in your heart"..blah blah blah....i can't ask something that doesn't exist or doesn't talk to me...it's impossible. he's not a person. He's not going to write me a 5 page letter with explainations of the bible and his word.....or we would all know the truth by now and no one would question it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ask Him.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

God.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

No it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

SDarvasi
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

oh. I see. So you learned that, how? from someone else's mouth or writings?

Quoting Anonymous:

If God allowed solid proof that would eliminate free will. You would then be forced to love and respect Him. He doesn't want that. He gives you a choice. 

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ask Him.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

God.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

No it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

etsmom
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Clearly your post is to thumb your nose at the bible. So in responce to your Q, God did make Eve from Adams ribh, however, because God is the creator of all things, he created Eve to be the female companion of Adam, to have a vagina, thus the XX chromosome. He also created male and female animals. IF you don't agree with it, that is between you and whatever you want to believe. Why would God ever be ok with genetically altering his creations? He created us as we are, flawed and imperfect, but perfect by design. If you were to have 1,000,000 apples, none of them would be identical.  Our imperfections are what makes us beautiful and unique. As for Adam and Steve, well, if God had planned for just Adam and Steve, then the  species of humankind would have died the day that they both died.  Man+man doesn't create a new life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on May. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

"God" was actually aliens. Adam and Eve were test subjects and the garden of Eden was a big laboratory.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM
How would proof of god eliminate free will?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ask Him.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

God.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

No it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN