Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

God is all powerful....well, until something bad happens....then you're screwed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 222 Replies
6 moms liked this

There are things in my life that I am extremely bitter about.  Here's a question for all the Christians....How come when you pray and your prayers are answered, there is absolutely no doubt as far as a Christian is concerned that God listened and answered your prayer.  His power made the good happen....But, what if you pray and your prayers are NOT answered?  Usually the response I get when I ask a Christian is this:  "Oh, well God works in mysterious ways.  We don't know why these things happen". 

That's awfully convenient.  You are supposed to be grateful for all the good but, if God is sooooo powerful and can control absolutely EVERYTHING, why doesn't He? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM
8 moms liked this

I agree. Its my main problem with Christianity. "It happens for a reason" Is the biggest piece of bullshit I have ever heard. 

and dont even get me started on "God lays nothing on you that you cant handle" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM
6 moms liked this
It sounds like you already know the answer, you just don't want to accept it. Sometimes to answer to a prayer is no. Sometimes He gives us what we need and we screw it up.
LectioDivina
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I do think the bad things happen for a reason... I think the soul in this body lasts for much longer than this life... Every bit of knowledge is useful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Having a problem with God as our strength and knowing He will get us through anything is one of the most comforting parts of Christianity

Quoting brettsmomma:

I agree. Its my main problem with Christianity. "It happens for a reason" Is the biggest piece of bullshit I have ever heard. 

and dont even get me started on "God lays nothing on you that you cant handle" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Oh, so when people's children die or get cancer or get shot, we screwed it up?  Not a clear answer.  Thanks for proving my point.  

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like you already know the answer, you just don't want to accept it. Sometimes to answer to a prayer is no. Sometimes He gives us what we need and we screw it up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, if you believe in God and prayer, then you should also know that God obviously knows better than you.  Even when God does answer prayer, we screw it up, anyway. 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Because God is an Alien, and the poor guy doesn't have time to respond to everyone! Gosh!

Hilary799
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

He answers, just sometimes not in the way or the answer we think it should be. For ex. there was a reason for every one of my miscarriages. I ended up with the children I was meant to have, with the man I was meant to be with.

mom2ljh
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't believe in unanswered prayer. I believe some prayers receive an answer of, "No."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo827
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM
9 moms liked this
God makes things fall apart so other things can come together. When one door closes another door opens you just have to find it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)