Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

God is all powerful....well, until something bad happens....then you're screwed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

There are things in my life that I am extremely bitter about.  Here's a question for all the Christians....How come when you pray and your prayers are answered, there is absolutely no doubt as far as a Christian is concerned that God listened and answered your prayer.  His power made the good happen....But, what if you pray and your prayers are NOT answered?  Usually the response I get when I ask a Christian is this:  "Oh, well God works in mysterious ways.  We don't know why these things happen". 

That's awfully convenient.  You are supposed to be grateful for all the good but, if God is sooooo powerful and can control absolutely EVERYTHING, why doesn't He? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Replies (211-220):
jojo827
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Absolutely nothing like that

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting jojo827:

God makes things fall apart so other things can come together. When one door closes another door opens you just have to find it

So in other words, he uses suffering to teach lessons and show people that they need him. That's like me shoving my kid out into on-coming traffic to get hit and paralyzed in order for him to learn how to cross the street,  appreciate life and show how much I really love him...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LampPost
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I LOVE THIS POST.

*does cartwheel*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2mms
by Kristin on May. 23, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Prayer should be for giving thanks and asking for guidance. I believe that things are predestined to happen and since we have free will, only in rare circumstances does God intervene. Does that make sense?
lalalandlady2
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM
I feel exactly the same way about my son who did 7 months ago at 19 years of age. He was a gift from god and god
Has other plans for him now.

Quoting Sugarfreeme:

I understand that u won't "get" this and that's okay. It was god will to have my son. He was never mine to begin with (only a gift that was lent to me, he is a child of god) and I'm so grateful to his to have been allowed to be his mother for the 18 months I had him. I'm not bitter or upset at the length of time that he lived. God didn't steal him away or let him die. It was simply the end of his life. Planned before I ever knew him. And I'm so happy that I was blessed to be able to know and love him for the time he was here :)

Quoting SDarvasi:

I'm very very sorry for your loss.

My only question is...

so he was able to give you your son early.....but couldn;t stop him from being taken away? I don't feel much comfort in that. I am happy that you do, though. If it makes sense for you and that's what's helping you through...then good. No mother should have to feel that kind of pain.

Quoting Sugarfreeme:

When u bury a child ur perspective changes I think. This is a TINY part of my story. (I'm mobile so it'll be short).

My son was born premature. At 28 weeks. I nearly died then as well. Full blown eclampsia. He was in the NICU being poked n tested n miserable for weeks on end. I prayed. I questioned god WHY IS MY CHILD GOING THROUGH THIS?! There was no good answer. No reason. No logic. I felt like god was punishing me.

18 months, one week and one day later that preemie woke up a happy baby. A normal August day. That was the last day of his life. He drowned that afternoon in our pool.

A few weeks after the funeral when I was at an all time low, I found myself asking god these same questions. WHY???? There was no reason. No logic. I found myself thinking about what I wouldn't give to have one more day or hour or moment with my child.

Then it hit me. (can u see where I am going?) I got my son early. Those extra weeks were precious gifts. The same ones I questioned god about. He knew all along that my child's days were limited and he gave me extra time with him. Time I questioned him about.

Was his purpose here this testimony? I don't know. But I don't question god anymore. When I can't see his purpose, that's okay bc I know it's there and it's so much greater than anything I have planned.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbbrom
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:40 PM

i'm not super religious, but i do believe in god. think of it like a parent/child relationship. sometimes the parent needs to say no, and sometimes the reason doesnt always seem fair, but in the end it is best for the child.  we have alot of wants and if we got everything we wanted, we would become spoiled "brats".  sometimes it is answered, but not in the way that we wanted. for example, I was in a horrible relationship wit my ex, it was so bad that I cried every day for almost a year. he was abusive and I was to the point where i was staring to believe that I didnt deserve any better.  one day I closed my eyes and prayed as hard as I could to "make things better, or end it for good (with him)" the next day he actually tackled and punched me in the face in the middle of the night, and it was just what I needed to wake up and get out of that relationship! I know beyond a doubt that if that didnt happen for me the cycle that we were in would not have ended.  I would have left for a time, but he would have apologised and we would have tried again to make it work.  after he hit me, I filed a restraining order and knew that my family would not stand beside me if I took him back.  I was able to call the cops and get my point across to him that I do not want him in my life.  I know it sounds weird, but it was EXACTLY what I needed even though i wouldnt have thought so at that moment!

holls2188
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Thank you lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbbrom
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny,  Not ONE so called Christian replied to my last statement starting with "This I gotta hear".....Maybe because "God only gives you what you can handle" and "It's because of free will" doesn't apply?.....A stock answer doesn't apply or there is no explanation for what I said?  Hmmmmmmm?  That's so strange.  No clear answer.  So typical. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting livnbyfaith:

I don't think he is not answering my prayers, but just answering them on his timetable. And sometimes I believe that the answer is no because it is not what we need! Just like our kids what something sometimes that we know would be bad for them and we have to tell them no!

This I gotta hear!  So the day that I was taking my son to get evaluated for autism, him not having that diagnosis isn't what I needed?  I did everything I was always taught that I should have done.  I prayed.  I "believed" He was going to answer my prayer.  That's what I was always taught.....'If you believe...'  So, I believed.  "Trust in the Lord"....ok, so I trusted Him.  The result? My son was diagnosed with Autism, and every day is usually a very, very hard day.  My days are filled with drama, things I can't control, behaviors that are unexplainable to me, days that I can't turn on the fawcet without a massive fit being thrown, certain roads I can't drive on or he'll have a complete meltdown.....little, small things that people do every day can set him off some days....But, I should be 'thankful'?  I should feel 'blessed' somehow? 

Oh, and let's not forget.....3 years later I was diagnosed with a chronic condition that causes extreme pain every day.....Nice touch there, Lord.  Like my world wasn't difficult enough.  Trust?  Believe?   What the Hell for?  And this is because I was given the 'gift' of free will?  What a crock!

so just a question, do you see your son as a burden? I have a nephew who is autistic and yes he is harder to predict than normal children, but we love him and wouldnt trade him for anything in the world! he is our p-man and if he was "normal" we wouldnt have him.  try having a more positive outlook and maybe you will be able to see the good in the situation. he was probably given to you to learn and grow from, and it sounds like you are resenting him!

also I had to deal last year with the death of an infant that I took care of.  she could have easily been in our care when she passed, but thankfully (I know we would have never been able to deal with that first hand) mom left her in the care of her aunt for the day because she "just didnt seem to feel good" she had shots the day before and pink eye earlier in the week and mom wanted to give her another day to feel better before sending her to daycare. She passed about an hour after mom left for work. the aunt called mom and 911 because she "wasnt right" and by the time the ambulance got there she was gone.  It was the saddest thing I have ever been through! I saw this  baby all day monday-friday and now she was gone! At the funeral, her parents were upset, but i have never in my life witnessed such strength come out of a bad situation first hand! Mom spoke at her funeral and the words touched me. to make a long story short they would not have traded this to have never had her, even though it was such a brief time.  some parents never even get to meet their children so the time with her was precious. They declined an autopsy because whether it was sids, the immunizations, or her birth "defect" no matter what they found out it would not bring their baby back!! 

Every human being dies, it is a part of life. heaven is supposed to be paradise, so how is that a "punnishment" to have your child go there? trust me, i'm not the most religious person at all, but sometimes seeing the bright side of everything just makes life better! if your always looking at the negative, then you will never see the positive! even in the end if i'm wrong, at least while i'm here I will be relatively happy if i keep a good outlook!

jbbrom
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM

not every one believes this. I personally dont think this is true! I think that in the end as long as your a good person, no matter what you "believe in" you will be allowed into heaven.  this is one belief that i'm not sure how it ever came about because i dont think that there is a "free pass" to being a bad person......

Quoting LucyMom08:

What really gets to me is that knowing as long as that person asks for forgiveness he will be eternally rewarded. Great motivation for living a moral life, right?

Quoting SDarvasi:

no kidding, huh? sorry for what happened to you.

But a religious person will tell you that beliving in Jesus is to give you comfort. Yeah, great comfort in knowing that the person who did that to you is probably out there doing it to someone else too....

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

I agree with you. I was sexually abused as a young teen for 3 years. Guess I just screwed up somewhere along the line....

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like you already know the answer, you just don't want to accept it. Sometimes to answer to a prayer is no. Sometimes He gives us what we need and we screw it up.

So....explain that to the kids who get kidnapped and murdered, Or molested. Or the victims of war. Or the starving people around the world. or the person dying of cancer.....victims of natural disasters....the list goes on and on and on. Tell them all that they "screwed it up".

jimmers920
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM
He absolutely does. Just because you pray for something and don't get what you want doesn't mean God isn't in control. Christians know that they are forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ so no matter what happens on earth it doesn't matter because we have a home for eternity. Why is it so hard to accept that we can't understand the knowledge of God? He literally made the universe, the world-and had the ner ve to not get you out of a speeding ticket etc- God does work in mysterious ways because nobody can comprehend what God can!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

This is from months ago but I just read this response.  First of all, my son is not a burden.  When did I say that?  And secondly, I do NOT resent him.  I have never loved anyone or anything more in my life.  You know what's funny?  People like you who say "My nephew is autistic and we love him" just kill me.  I'm sure you think you know exactly what it's like raising him, huh?  News flash:  You don't know what it's like.  Yeah, you may see what your sibling goes through but you know what?  You don't have the parental responsibility of raising an autistic child.  When you see a major meltdown, tantrum, etc., you can go home if you want.  A parent of an autistic child can't.  Now I'm not saying that it's like I'm just tuck with him, that's not it.  You can't comprehend the difficulties because you aren't that child's parent.  Ask a parent that has an autistic child with high levels of behavior issues if they have a babysitter?  If they get to go out to dinner with their SO ever?  If they sleep through the night even when their child is 10 years old?  The answer would be no. 

I am extremely lucky to have been given my child.  I have NEVER regretted having him. All I said was that it is extremely difficult raising an autistic child.  Something that you will probably not have to face.  I have learned alot from having my son.  I have learned that people with "typical" children don't have a clue and easily accuse the parent of being resentful of their child. 

Quoting jbbrom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny,  Not ONE so called Christian replied to my last statement starting with "This I gotta hear".....Maybe because "God only gives you what you can handle" and "It's because of free will" doesn't apply?.....A stock answer doesn't apply or there is no explanation for what I said?  Hmmmmmmm?  That's so strange.  No clear answer.  So typical. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting livnbyfaith:

I don't think he is not answering my prayers, but just answering them on his timetable. And sometimes I believe that the answer is no because it is not what we need! Just like our kids what something sometimes that we know would be bad for them and we have to tell them no!

This I gotta hear!  So the day that I was taking my son to get evaluated for autism, him not having that diagnosis isn't what I needed?  I did everything I was always taught that I should have done.  I prayed.  I "believed" He was going to answer my prayer.  That's what I was always taught.....'If you believe...'  So, I believed.  "Trust in the Lord"....ok, so I trusted Him.  The result? My son was diagnosed with Autism, and every day is usually a very, very hard day.  My days are filled with drama, things I can't control, behaviors that are unexplainable to me, days that I can't turn on the fawcet without a massive fit being thrown, certain roads I can't drive on or he'll have a complete meltdown.....little, small things that people do every day can set him off some days....But, I should be 'thankful'?  I should feel 'blessed' somehow? 

Oh, and let's not forget.....3 years later I was diagnosed with a chronic condition that causes extreme pain every day.....Nice touch there, Lord.  Like my world wasn't difficult enough.  Trust?  Believe?   What the Hell for?  And this is because I was given the 'gift' of free will?  What a crock!

so just a question, do you see your son as a burden? I have a nephew who is autistic and yes he is harder to predict than normal children, but we love him and wouldnt trade him for anything in the world! he is our p-man and if he was "normal" we wouldnt have him.  try having a more positive outlook and maybe you will be able to see the good in the situation. he was probably given to you to learn and grow from, and it sounds like you are resenting him!

also I had to deal last year with the death of an infant that I took care of.  she could have easily been in our care when she passed, but thankfully (I know we would have never been able to deal with that first hand) mom left her in the care of her aunt for the day because she "just didnt seem to feel good" she had shots the day before and pink eye earlier in the week and mom wanted to give her another day to feel better before sending her to daycare. She passed about an hour after mom left for work. the aunt called mom and 911 because she "wasnt right" and by the time the ambulance got there she was gone.  It was the saddest thing I have ever been through! I saw this  baby all day monday-friday and now she was gone! At the funeral, her parents were upset, but i have never in my life witnessed such strength come out of a bad situation first hand! Mom spoke at her funeral and the words touched me. to make a long story short they would not have traded this to have never had her, even though it was such a brief time.  some parents never even get to meet their children so the time with her was precious. They declined an autopsy because whether it was sids, the immunizations, or her birth "defect" no matter what they found out it would not bring their baby back!! 

Every human being dies, it is a part of life. heaven is supposed to be paradise, so how is that a "punnishment" to have your child go there? trust me, i'm not the most religious person at all, but sometimes seeing the bright side of everything just makes life better! if your always looking at the negative, then you will never see the positive! even in the end if i'm wrong, at least while i'm here I will be relatively happy if i keep a good outlook!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)