Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daycare confession:

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

While I don't doubt that there are SOME God awful day cares, there are also a fair share of wonderful day cares. Of course no one is perfect & I've had minor issues here or there but  nothing major worth pulling my child out over.

I loved Elijah toddler room providers. They were amazing. They spoiled him rotten, but they were amazing. The providers he has now are pretty good. I think they rely on me too much while I'm there. But they treat him well and that is what really matters.

I work at the McChord Field CDC. I worked in a Preschool room for a few months (before I was at McChord I worked at a center on Ft. Lewis with preschoolers for 4 years) but now I work with infants & pre-tods. I love it. I love my kiddos and I would NEVER dream of hurting nor neglecting a child because of their behavior, or the behavior of their parents.

Do I get frustrated? Sure I do. I think any parent gets frustrated with their kids, of course watching over 10 preschoolers would get anyone a bit frazzled. But I love them. Regardless of how crazy they can be. lol

Does anyone have any POSITIVE daycare stories?

by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Do you pop your pain pills while watching them? I remember a lot of your post about them that go back a few years. Sorry just had to ask I don't think daycare providers should be under the influence of anything.
turtle68
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

wow you work under the influence of drugs?

No wonder you "love" your job.

masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Lol...wow she called you out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you pop your pain pills while watching them? I remember a lot of your post about them that go back a few years. Sorry just had to ask I don't think daycare providers should be under the influence of anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM
But then again she's anon...

Quoting babyboy117:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

No, of course I don't. When I had my problem a few years ago I wasn't even a daycare provider.

I still take them for endometriosis when it gets really bad, but of course I dont go to work on those days seeing as I can hardly make it out of bed.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM
I don't have any good stories and I worked in several daycares. I wouldn't send my kids to one for anything, but I hope some people have good stories for ya.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Eh, I dont really care. I have nothing to hide. I used to have a problem, yes. Because I had a pulmonary embolism & they had me on pain killers for awhile after. But I decided that my child is more important than popping pills so I got clean with the help of my doctor. I was NOT a caregiver at this time. That would be VERY irresponsible for me to take narcotics while working, no matter what job it is.

Quoting babyboy117:

Quoting Anonymous:

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Quoting turtle68:

I love my job without the "influence of drugs".

Good Lord.

That was nearly 5 years ago people. A whole year before I even started in child care & I said I quit. I try to help someone out on this site by telling my story & then others try to twist my words all around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM
But you are still on them, weren't you just freaking out months ago because a 3rd doctor was going to cut you off? I have never been addicted to anything but I have family members addicted to pain pills they freak out too if they are unsure of where they will get their supply.

Other than your problem you seem like a nice person. I just hate seeing people taken over by that devil in the shape of a pill.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting turtle68:

I love my job without the "influence of drugs".

Good Lord.

That was nearly 5 years ago people. A whole year before I even started in child care & I said I quit. I try to help someone out on this site by telling my story & then others try to twist my words all around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)