Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever gotten a bikini or Brazilian Wax ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

LOL I want to get everything waxed off and just leave a tiny "puff" o_O I'm shy and I don't know If I ever would get it done....have you done it? Would you consider it? why or why not?

cost? does it hurt?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephy87
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Id do it but I don't want that pain. I just shave. It's easy and painless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Yes I have. I don't remember how much it cost, I just remember it hurt like a bitch
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:04 AM
My friend gets them done. Really the women who do it see a bunch of hoohas so it's nothing new. My friend the more medial it gets the more painful it is. She swears its worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 17, 2012 at 2:05 AM

No Way.....too much pain

I will just use my trusty pink Bic razor, lol

1214Choc
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I've done it before and I don't think it hurt that bad.  When you go to get it done, they give you a pair of disposable thong panties and they kind of just wax around the panties, so it's not like you're laying there naked. 

Where I go, they start off at like $45 and goes up from there depending on how much hair you have. 

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I've gotten a Brazilian quite a few times. Usually right before SO comes home from deployment. lol They dont hurt too badly. The place I go starts at $50

Naomismommy18
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I have always wanted to try waxing since my skin gets so irritated shaving but I'm a baby when it comes to pain. I don't think I coul tolerate it!
diamondsetter
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM
No way! I'm too chicken :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I just shave I am a big baby when it comes to pain ;-)

lalaboosh
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I wax my hair at home with sugaring gel and it's less painful, cheaper, and easier than waxing. I don't do the really painful stuff myself, I bruised an armpit trying. I have someone else pull the strip if it's an area like that. I can do the bikini area around the thigh, but I don't think I can do it any closer without assistance. I THINK a bikini wax is about $20+, but I've never gotten one. Sugaring gel costs much less. Here's the recipe and my tips for using it if you're curious, cuz that's all I know about waxing.

You need :

2 cups of sugar (any kind, I read that powdered is not good though)

1/4 lemon juice (any kind, just not lemonade. I actually use 1/8 cup of lemon juice and 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar and it ends up tasting kinda like gingerbread!)

1/4 cup water

small saucepan

wide glass jar (this recipe fills one Tostito's salsa jar)

candy thermometer

old denim or canvas cut into waxing strips

butter knife

You combine the ingredients and cook them until they reach 240 degrees. This is 'soft ball' temp. I always end up five degrees above even when I watch it like crazy, but it still works great. My advice is to let it get to that temp very slowly. You want to cook it for around eight minutes and you want it to look like a darker beer or light molasses. When it's done pour it into your container and let it cool for a while. It should work perfectly at room temp, but if it's a little hard at room temp nuke it in 15 second increments until you can spread it and test the heat of it on your arm before slathering it on. When it's cool enough and you're ready to use it you want to have your legs freshly exfoliated and nicely moisterized. You don't want actual moisterizer on your skin though, so you have to drink lots of water and moisterize the day before and then exfoliate before sugaring. Then take a butter knife and spread a thin layer on in the direction of the hair growth, pull your skin tight if you can after putting the denim strip on, and pull in the opposite direction of the hair growth. You want to keep the strip close to your body, don't pull away from you. There's tons of videos about different ways to use the gel. I've used it on boob hairs that I usually use tweezers on. It hurt less. WHO KNEW???!!

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN