Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There will always be that one person... (Vent for all)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
2 moms liked this

As we all know, none of us are perfect. Even though some of us think we are, we truly aren't. Looking through post, and in more group than just this one, there always seems to be that one person who has to correct the English, and Grammar of the original poster. I can speak for the younger generation, that our skills in English will always suck, unless it was really taught to us. If you look at most schools today, and see what it accepted in writing you would be shocked! 

But again, we come on this site to vent, rant, confess, ask for advice, seek help, chat, and make new mom friends. Not to get a damn lesson in English or hell any other school subject. 

*PS, I am from the south, so I know damn well my language skills SUCK ASS! But when we are in the heat of the moment to vent, we don't give a shit how we type, as long as people get the message!*

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I SEEN HIM, I TOOKEN THE GUN, I CLUMB THAT FENCE BLAH BLAH BLAH! NAG NAG!

Vikki77
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 3:25 AM
I agree. Reuters one in particular in another group... I quit going to that group at all because of one woman. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandi1992
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 3:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Um I'm 19 and I went to one of the worst rated public schools in my state and they didn't have a proper English class. But 
I still make sure to spell check and re-read my post to make sure it makes sense, even if it is a rant. So don't go complaining about people correcting you or others, they're trying to make whatever you've said more understandable for others. And obviously you know that you're just talking crap, you couldn't even have the guts to post with your actual screenname. If it was something you actually felt justified in you wouldn't be ashamed to say it with your face right out there. sarcasm

jshalas89
by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:28 AM
Sooper anoyeng
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 3:28 AM
I think my kids are getting a better education as far as spelling and grammar than I did... But what happened to hand writing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Some women don't have the time to go back and reread what they type because again, they are ranting about something, and need to get it off their chest. Most people who are clearly very upset about something don't have time to think about the words that are coming out of their mouth, instead they speak away, but in these cases, type away not looking back at it. 

Quoting Mandi1992:

Um I'm 19 and I went to one of the worst rated public schools in my state and they didn't have a proper English class. But 
I still make sure to spell check and re-read my post to make sure it makes sense, even if it is a rant. So don't go complaining about people correcting you or others, they're trying to make whatever you've said more understandable for others. And obviously you know that you're just talking crap, you couldn't even have the guts to post with your actual screenname. If it was something you actually felt justified in you wouldn't be ashamed to say it with your face right out there. sarcasm

mom2cheesebug
by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I went to college for three years toward majoring in English, but as soon as i get on the internet to rant/rave, i forget everything that was taught to me. I laugh at the ones who correct me, like i don't know i made a typo or a run on... please.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Yeah true on that one. I just seen my nephew's exam, and my jaw dropped! I was shocked to see what is being accepted. Da - for the, u r - for you are. I mean its the crap we use in texting, and he got a B+ 

Quoting HIJKLM:

I think my kids are getting a better education as far as spelling and grammar than I did... But what happened to hand writing?

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mandi1992:

You know, I went to a good school, excelled in English/World Lit, received excellent marks in my AP classes and many a professor told me to become an author.  Still, motherhood has EATEN MY BRAIN.  I seriously think I hear my gray matter being nommed on in there sometimes.

That, and I'd never be so rude as to call out someone on their typing.  Even in college, we were damn polite with those red pens, lol. 

I think the grammar nazis have a superiority complex, truth be told.  One thing to say "Paragraphs please, eyes are crossed", another to get catty over their, they're, and there.

And lookit.  My screenname.  Ooh, I'm a big bad girl now! 

r_luvli
by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this
It's hard to be taken seriously when you type like a 3rd grader. I've seen some posts that you cannot even understand, because its such a mess.

As for being young, and from the south. I call that irrelevant. My children have all been raised in the south (TN). Two have graduated and my youngest just finished his junior year. There is nothing wrong or lacking, when it comes to their language skills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN