Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Sanctity of Marriage Has Been Lost!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Wives who no longer follow their husbands wishes. They appall me, how can you enter into such a commitment and not respect the head of your household? Some of the women here are ridiculous. It stopped being all about you when you got married, You and Him became ONE. Why does no one respect this anymore?

EDIT

BAHAHAHAHA

That is all.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
rliperote2
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Ha.? Bible also says to pay for your wide with barn animals.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Good job on attempting to start a drama post, now go reread Ephesians 5 until you understand what it's actually saying

Ephesians is all about discussion, but the head of the house having the final say.

I'm not Christian and even I know this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM
3 moms liked this

I am the head of our household, should DH be submissive to me then????

โ€œIf people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeedโ€.

-Albert Einstein

lovingmy4babies
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM

So what you're saying is that you think it becomes all about him. Right? That's no way to run a household. In the 50's, sure, that's the way many people did it. But even my grandmother had a say in what went on. My grandfather NEVER treated her as anything less than his equal. They made decisions together, and they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary before he passed in 2000.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovingmy4babies:

If we became one, why do I have to follow all his wishes? Shouldn't it be a compromise? A joint decision, where each party has equal consideration? That's the way we do it. It may not be 'all about me', but it's not all about him, either.

It should be discussed, but in the end the husband should have a final say.

jillianmayasmom
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM
That doesn't happen in my house. We are equal partners.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I agree with the unfaithfulness part, a wife has no respect for her husband if she is off sleeping with another man. None!

Quoting melrose79:

It seems to be on both sides. Men & women. I think alot of it has to do with how people accept the lack of respect & even unfaithfulness. It's more acceptance we have, the lower our morals go. I don't think it's okay to judge, even though it's human nature, but we can't just keep lowering our standards for the sake of being open minded. We all have things we aren't okay with. EVERYONE.

mummy1990
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Thats not a marriage. Thats a very sad situation where you do whatever he says just because he said it. If he told you to kill yourself, would you do it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I respect him enough to obey.

Quoting mummy1990:

Following your husbands wishes is not becoming one. The sanctity of marriage has been lost, because most people jump the gun on marriage and don't realize what they're getting into. I have a happy marriage, I do not bend to my husbands will and he does not bend to mine. 

When marriage happens as you say, it is not marriage, its a slave trade. 

Just because you do whatever your husband says, does not mean you respect him, it means you obey. Theres a HUGE difference. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 8:51 AM

You are a woman and cannot be the head of the household.

Quoting LoriLou75:

I am the head of our household, should DH be submissive to me then????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Most likely, because he'd have a good reason for doing so.

Quoting mummy1990:

Thats not a marriage. Thats a very sad situation where you do whatever he says just because he said it. If he told you to kill yourself, would you do it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I respect him enough to obey.

Quoting mummy1990:

Following your husbands wishes is not becoming one. The sanctity of marriage has been lost, because most people jump the gun on marriage and don't realize what they're getting into. I have a happy marriage, I do not bend to my husbands will and he does not bend to mine. 

When marriage happens as you say, it is not marriage, its a slave trade. 

Just because you do whatever your husband says, does not mean you respect him, it means you obey. Theres a HUGE difference. 

beaularson91
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:52 AM
My marriage is a partnership I don't feel the need to"obey"it's something I feel should be different I talk it over with him I'm not a dog to his command
shorty00207450
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:52 AM

i totally agree with you. i do think though that its the same with men.  they need to respect their wives and be faithful. Marriage is suppose to be forever and people get married and divorce like its nothink anymore. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN