Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Sanctity of Marriage Has Been Lost!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Wives who no longer follow their husbands wishes. They appall me, how can you enter into such a commitment and not respect the head of your household? Some of the women here are ridiculous. It stopped being all about you when you got married, You and Him became ONE. Why does no one respect this anymore?

EDIT

BAHAHAHAHA

That is all.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Replies (211-220):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have a husband, I have a wife, and we are equals.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on May. 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Hmm...my husband is a recovering alcoholic who has been sober for two years now.  If I had "followed my husbands wishes" as you say I would be an abused wife of a drunk with no way to feed our children because he spent all of our money on liquor and couldn't stay sober long enough to hold down a job.  Instead I told him to either get his ass straightened out or me and the kids were gone.  So I guess I broke the sanctity of marriage by "taking charge"  but now he is sober and employed, our children don't have to witness a drunken father and our marriage is still going strong.  You're an idiot.  Have a nice day.

TexasWife
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

My father and I were having this discussion the other day.

Quoting Anonymous:

But it was interesting! :P

Ohanda biased article for a biased person ;)

Quoting LoriLou75:

The first link was a study on transexuals, the second an extremly biased opinion piece.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Transexuals?

Quoting TexasWife:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LoriLou75:

The first link was a study on transexuals, the second an extremly biased opinion piece.

MamaDavies
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Sweetheart I hate to tell you but it's people like YOU who destroy the sanctity of marriage. I don't know if you're aware but women now have the right to vote it happened a while ago but I'm sure you were to busy wiping your husbands ass to notice. Oh also it's not 1952 dinner does not have to be on the table when he gets home, you are allowed to work outside of the home, oh and you have the right to pull that giant stick out of your ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauraschatz
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM
In the voice I use when my kids ask for candy for breakfast, "What?! You are SO SILLY!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
highlandmum
by Spunky on May. 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I are equal in our relationship.  We are a united front in most things.  We will have discussions on issues and come to a agreement on what is best, yes there are times when we do not agree, sometimes I get my way and other times he gets his.  We have a great relationship and have been together for 19 years and married for 13 years this September.

TexasWife
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

No. The women lead with emotion and men lead with logic. He even said though that sometimes even with logic they don't think of the whole picture. lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Transexuals?

Quoting TexasWife:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LoriLou75:

zugichbaby6
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:38 AM
This.... And a bitch slap to OP for being ignorant and nosy! If you wanna follow orders from the " head of the household" go ahead but most of us hear work as a team not f**king dictatorship ...

Quoting raegansmom:

There is a lot of give & take in our marriage. My marriage is not about a leader & a follower. It is about a team. The vows we took reflect this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I think there have been proper studies, but Google is so unreliable. 

It's the one reason I'm glad there isn't a female president and feel sorry for Australia.

Quoting TexasWife:

No. The women lead with emotion and men lead with logic. He even said though that sometimes even with logic they don't think of the whole picture. lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Transexuals?

Quoting TexasWife:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LoriLou75:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)