Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Sanctity of Marriage Has Been Lost!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Wives who no longer follow their husbands wishes. They appall me, how can you enter into such a commitment and not respect the head of your household? Some of the women here are ridiculous. It stopped being all about you when you got married, You and Him became ONE. Why does no one respect this anymore?

EDIT

BAHAHAHAHA

That is all.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Replies (221-230):
ivilayla
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Never said women can't do whatever they want. I simply stated what I see as truth. The divorce rate went up when women wanted more independance, when women started voicing their opinion, when women started to not want to be a SAHM. My opinion on the matter has never come to the surface.

Divorce rates also went up when women were LEGALLY able to divorce their husbands. Back in the day women were property, couldn't divorce their husbands, forced to stay in abusive marriages, couldn't do anything for their own besides be the "homemaker" and even in those decisions they were ruled by their husbands. Now society has realized women ARE NOT property and are able to make decisions are their own. You are ridiculous. I can't believe your self-esteem is so low as to call yourself your husbands propety. If your husband mistreated you because you disobeyed you would just take that wouldnt you? Because your his "property" and he has all the say in your relationship.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Head of the household doesn't mean total control. It doesn't mean he commands you. It just means the husband is the one responsible (I assume you're meaning the Biblical meaning of marriage).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VegMom20
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I agree with the op. Sure marriage is a partnership, but you can't have two people driving the same car.

Beautiful31mom
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quoting zugichbaby6:

This.... And a bitch slap to OP for being ignorant and nosy! If you wanna follow orders from the " head of the household" go ahead but most of us hear work as a team not f**king dictatorship ...

Quoting raegansmom:

There is a lot of give & take in our marriage. My marriage is not about a leader & a follower. It is about a team. The vows we took reflect this.

My husband is the head of our household and our home is not a dictatorship. we are equal a team. We work together to achive common goals. 

Visit us at True Friends Cafe

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.There is no commandment greater than these.-Mark 12:30-31

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

The tone of the post was trolling, but in all I do agree. Just not to that extent.

Quoting VegMom20:

I agree with the op. Sure marriage is a partnership, but you can't have two people driving the same car.

zugichbaby6
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Good for you guys

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting zugichbaby6:

This.... And a bitch slap to OP for being ignorant and nosy! If you wanna follow orders from the " head of the household" go ahead but most of us hear work as a team not f**king dictatorship ...

Quoting raegansmom:

There is a lot of give & take in our marriage. My marriage is not about a leader & a follower. It is about a team. The vows we took reflect this.

My husband is the head of our household and our home is not a dictatorship. we are equal a team. We work together to achive common goals. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LbH8rproof
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM
If we became one, how is it a situation where the husband gets all the say? Especially if both of you work and pay bills. If I'm contributing equally, then I get equal say. And even if I wasn't, marriage is a partnership.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on May. 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I somewhat I agree with you because I try to follow the bible as much as possiable. The man is the leader and the women is the follower. My husband & I have a very strong marriage, it took a lot of work but we made it.

VegMom20
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

The tone of the post was trolling, but in all I do agree. Just not to that extent.

Quoting VegMom20:

The original post was a bit pushy and over-the-top. But in a more generalized sense I think you are right. It's not supposed to be all dicator-ish, but rather respectful (and by that I mean BOTH the husband and the wife are being respected by the other).

pinkdaisy8864
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Whew. I'm glad I saw the outcome before I read any of this post.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)