Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Submissive wife type marriage.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Could some of you ladies give me some info on this type of relationship? Wether you are in one yourself or know something about them. Why does it work for you? What things can you do/not do? Why do you feel it is right?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Read 50 shades of grey
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Read 50 shades of grey

Ashleeduhh
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Lol that's a little drastic. That shows more so sexually submisivr but in the book his submissives generally do everything he wants and asks. They have no free will. They dress the way he wants, shave the way hr wants, eat the way he wants, doesn't look him in the eye...can't imagine that brig enjoyable Irl in terms of a marriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Read 50 shades of grey

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this
My wife and i are in a Dom\sub relationship inside and out of the bedroom. It works because my Wife is Dom by nature as i am sub by nature so both of our needs are fulfilled this way. There are not things i "can't" do there are things my love would prefer me not to do,so i don't do them. I do what is expected out of me because it truly pleases me to make my love happy. In return i am very loved and cared for my love is always there for me,she supports me 100% and all of my needs are cared for. I have never been happier!
lalaballet
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM

For us it is respecting him and trusting him to make the final decision.  HOWEVER I am one of the most stubborn people alive and it doesn't always go so well... I try.  This does NOT mean that he does whatever he wants and runs all over me.  It means that he sits down and listens to what I have to say and we talk about it and pray about it and when he has listened to me then I can fully believe that he is making the best decision he can for us.  I know all of his reasons, he knows all of mine.  I don't always like what he does (such as reenlisting in the military at the time) but at the same time, he does let me have my way sometimes too because I'm so freakin stubborn that it's easier sometimes.  It's really a balance, to us submission is NOT he gets to do whatever.

At the same time, I do give him way too much crap sometimes and most certainly would not let myself or the kids be walked all over and be treated without love and respect.  Ephesians doesn't only talk about the wife, it talks about what the husband needs to do to have a wife that would trust him like that.

my2boysandgirl
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM

There is sexually submissive wives and then there are the women who are more submissive in the relationship. So DH and I that looks like he has the final say in most decisions but he won't make a decision with out weigh my opinion on it. So if we are thinking of buying a new appliance or when we were finishing our basement we talked about everything but he made the final decisions. It is not a relationship where he tells me what to do or talks down to me at all. We have mutual respect for each other. I know that he is looking out for the best for our family and wants my opinion about everything. One of the biggest misconceptions about a submissive relationship is that one of the people is treated badly and has no free will.

Breezie_Starr
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM

i give kuddos to those who do it. I'm too stubborn lol

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I think those kinds of relationships are ridiculous, especially when they are religiously based.  It's one thing for your dh to be a spiritual head, where you guys communicate and you take both your feelings into consideration before making a decision...it's quite another to like, "my husband is my KING and he has final say no matter what, and if he's wrong I can't say boo and will try to manipulate the situation and be passive aggressive to change his mind because I can't come outright and tell him "no way".....that drives me up the wall.  Mutually consensual, non-abusive "you can leave whenever you want, *really*, with no consequences" dom-sub relationships don't bother me too much.  If both parties are truly consenting, and there is truly no direct or indirect coercion/mental abuse....then whatever.  I'm not one to to have too much of a problem with it.  

jonellg
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

It's awesome. http://www.submissivewife.org/

It works forme because I like bein taken care of completetly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM
My husband seems to THINK that's what we have, but that's NOT what I signed up for and am thinking about leaving, so I guess you could say it doesn't work for us. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN