Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I a judgemental prude?

Posted by   + Show Post

This suit is fine to me if you are a model, at a public beach in miami, but at a local community center for your 3 yr old's swim lesson is just a bit over the top for me.

You should have seen my 7 yr old sons' face when a woman walked in with one like this on.   Most of the people there were teenager lifeguards and families.   I think if you can afford a suit like this, ((only hers was actually  sexier and a little bit more "BDSM"...))  I really wish you would buy one that's a little more family friendly to wear to other outings.

by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

The thing I have seen with these suits it they are usually on women that are not in shape.

-KC-
by Honesty on May. 18, 2012 at 6:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Its fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:51 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes, you are. It's a one piece for crying out loud. Were there no women, or worse, little girls there in bikinis? 

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 6:52 AM
14 moms liked this

I think its fine and I wouldnt give it a second look at a beach but then again I am not affraid of the human body.

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on May. 18, 2012 at 6:55 AM
11 moms liked this

I think it's more suggestive that a typical suit.  The argument that it's no worse than a bikini doesn't make much sense to me.  it's cut like lingerie, not just a typical one piece suit. I think that's pretty obvious.  t's not the suit I would choose to have 3 year old climbing on me while learning to swim in.

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 6:56 AM
it covers more than a bikini.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 7:06 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting LuvCoopins:

I think it's fine...most bathing suits nowadays show much more than that. I wouldn't wear an old woman's suit just to please other parents at the pool. I bet she looked good in it and that's why it bothered you ;-)

Exactly what I was thinking.

She probably thought it was appropriate since it's a one piece.

bluespagan
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:15 AM
6 moms liked this

A 2 piece bikini style covers less and you are basically walking around in your underwear.  I don't see an issue with this suit.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:13 AM
7 moms liked this

Ok, so just because someone wears something with leather straps & buckles, they're into BDSM?, Man that has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on here.  I would like to see what kind of suit you wear,I think you're just jealous as all get out that that woman looks better then you will ever hope to look.

Quoting KrissyKC:

BDSM is the bondage stuff, and her mono-kini (which is what I found out they are called) had faux leather straps and buckles....  

Not being a lezzie at all, and no offense to those who are, she looked darn good... barbie doll good.... but I'm more conservative and sometimes it's just unfair to those of us who ARE more conservative.   I'm glad you look good and have confidence, but my kids are there and I felt like I was being forced to look at a cover of a dirty magazine the entire time I was around her.     I smiled and was kind, though, and would never be rude.   But, I did move my kids away to the other side of the pool for part of the time.

As for bikini's, most decent ones don't bug me.   I'm not THAT much of a prude... I think...   LOL!

misslady80013
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:15 AM
This.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

If you are judgemental ..than so am i.

I personally would have thought that a mother ..with her child..could have worn something a little more..uhm..not so revealing. Especially if the woman is at a place where other children she does not know are there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN