Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he told me im addicted to drugs :S

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yea im going anon for obvious reasons..

The drug i do? Pot. Yea its not addictive physically but emotionally it can be.
No i dont smoke it around my dd. I only smoke it when shes put of the house and gone for the night.

So dds gone, i asked dh to get some. A huge fight blows out and he says im addicted. Im really sorry but i have a lot of shit going on and i would like to smile for once. Im stressed out. I want some weed.

I dont even know any dealers- dh does. Thats why i ask him to get it.. besides when im high we have crazy sex. So its win win for both!

Yea i admit i get cranky without it but i pull through. I dont smoke it everytime shes gone for the night but once in awhile yea i want some. So what?

He said that when shes gone im a druggy and alcoholic. Umm no... i dont drink. Why? Because it costs too much to get me drunk. I need 8 beers just to feel tipsy. Thats stupid. Im up peeing every 15 minutes and drinking something that tastes like crap. Beer doesnt get me happy and sex? Haha yea right. I crash out.

So i smoke weed. I would like to forget some things dear. Some things you dont even know. My past is marked along my arms and i dont feel like staring at them right now.

I have ppd, ptsd and some other personal problems. So lwt me get high and put on a real smile for once!

Atleast im not smoking it everyday- spending all my money on it- smoking it around my dd (shes 2 years old) and caring for her high. No im not a druggy. Im fucking strong to be able to get up everyday or even be standing here. My dd keeps me alive, no one else. But when shes gone- everything flows back up and im sitting here wanting to kill myself. So pass the joint asshole.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on May. 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM
So glad I know how to cope with stress without turning to drugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Sounds like the biggest issue isn't the pot. It's miscommunication. You guys need to get on the same page. What it will take for you to do that, I'm not sure. Counseling? Be in a neutral comfortable place where you can share these things with him and have someone to help him understand how it has affected you. Maybe he doesn't want to hear these things? Hearing how you hurt may make him uncomfortable and he doesn't know how to deal with it or comfort you. Whatever the case, I hope you guys can figure things out. He's your husband, he should be the one you can always turn to for comfort.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did tell him why. I can go months without it- i really can. He doesnt know a few things about me and when i tried telling him he didnt understand.

Like last week- i told him that my ex raped me. He laughed and said no he didnt.

I couldnt believe he laughed. Just because he was my boyfriend at the time and forced himself on me- means he didnt rape me?

Ive seen people die infront of me, murdered infront of me, ive seen people beaten so bad they looked better off dead. I had my mothers blood stained on my hands bevause i was trying to scrub it out of the carpet.

Yet he doesnt understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like while it is doing good in your life, it is causing harm to your marriage. I am personally pro-pot. I smoke it every day when my kids are in bed. My husband does not smoke, but is supportive of my desire to do so. He knows the facts about it as well as I do and the benefits it can have. Knowing the facts, I will be the first to say it is addictive. It is a psychological addiction. Other than slightly altering your appetite and metabolism, it doesn't have an effect on your body that creates a physical or chemical dependency. But, in that you feel better when you are on it can become addicting. Talk to your hubby, explain why you smoke and the effect it has on your life. Understand and be open minded to his concerns and do what you can to address them. I hope that you guys can come to a compromise on it that benefits both of you. While I am in favor of pot I would not let it ruin my marriage or cause problems between my husband and I. 

Tiffany

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Oh, honey. You can't be physically addicted to pot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, honey. More than emotionally.

I am happy DH is stepping up and saying something to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Emotionally yes i am.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like an addiction.

jbirchard
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Marijuana is medicine, not a drug
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM
I disagree.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Emotionally yes i am.

Quoting Anonymous:

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Umm, there's nothing to agree or disagree on. It's a fact.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Emotionally yes i am.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I dont smoke but DH does and he is ADDICTED ! If he dont have it... Boy hes a total ASS ! It is medication for most people :/ I have nothing against it. I just dont like the feeling. Sometimes I wish I did !
Sugarfreeme
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:05 PM
I had no idea it was "decriminalized" anywhere. Does that mean its legal to buy and/or posess it? Sorry, I had no idea.

OP is this the case for you?

And btw, sounds like u have been through alot in your life. I'm very sorry and I hope that u can find some help to deal with all this!!

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Uhhh honey, you don't know where OP lives. If she lives in one of the 13 states where marijuana is decriminalized, then she will not go to jail for recreational use.

Quoting Sugarfreeme:

The thing is, it's illegal. Totally not worth messing up your family over. Just bc u don't do it in front of ur dd, doesn't mean when u get busted (or Dh does) buying it or with it in the car or on him or whatever that isn't going to effect your family. You could go to jail. Sorry. Whether is addictive or not, SHOULD be legal or not, less harmful or dangerous than alcohol or not, fact is, it's illegal. Bad example and way to risky. Shame on you for putting ur family in jeopardy to get high.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMMY2ACR
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 5:06 PM
So he says you're a druggie but he's the one with access to the dealers? What is he in his own opinion then?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Decriminalized doesn't mean legal. It just means that the penalty for possession is a civil charge, not criminal. Where I live, possession of marijuana under an ounce is a $100 ticket.

Quoting Sugarfreeme:

I had no idea it was "decriminalized" anywhere. Does that mean its legal to buy and/or posess it? Sorry, I had no idea.

OP is this the case for you?

And btw, sounds like u have been through alot in your life. I'm very sorry and I hope that u can find some help to deal with all this!!

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Uhhh honey, you don't know where OP lives. If she lives in one of the 13 states where marijuana is decriminalized, then she will not go to jail for recreational use.

Quoting Sugarfreeme:

The thing is, it's illegal. Totally not worth messing up your family over. Just bc u don't do it in front of ur dd, doesn't mean when u get busted (or Dh does) buying it or with it in the car or on him or whatever that isn't going to effect your family. You could go to jail. Sorry. Whether is addictive or not, SHOULD be legal or not, less harmful or dangerous than alcohol or not, fact is, it's illegal. Bad example and way to risky. Shame on you for putting ur family in jeopardy to get high.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)