Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cloth diapers , organic food , baby wearing and breastfeeding.

Posted by   + Show Post
If you don't do these things, you are seemingly selfish! I didnt bf but educated myself as others should do! Also I went organic and am able to feed a family of eight for the same as buying the junk!! Cloth diapers are so easy! Not to mention you save and average of 1200.00 a year! I think it is your choice but please look into all the benefits! You can find a farming co-op for organic eggs, meat, fruits and veggies!

Thank you! JoLee G. Waddlekiss

by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Replies (251-260):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on May. 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Calling others selfish just because they don't raise or feed their family the way you do is idiotic.

IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting JoLee12345:

We are now using goose eggs! One goose egg is equivalent to four chicken eggs! Awesome for large families!

Where do you get geese eggs?

stephy_85
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Oh I knew that I don't worry about the farmers market and Co-Op but with our meats I do like for them to be certified organic or free range. A lot of the farms in the area that have meat do have the certification but they ship too so that is probably why. I am mainly picky about meats and what we buy in a store. Camcer runs in my family especially tumors and while doing some research I found that certain types of tumors theive on growth hormone that is in meat! Pretty scary stuff.

Quoting lalaboosh:

A lot of the local farms here are too small to afford organic certification, but they grow organic food. At the co-op their food is labeled pesticide free. At the farmer's market you can ask the person at the stand what they know about it. Not all organic food is labeled as such.

Quoting stephy_85:

That is very true which is why when buying organic it is best to buy from localcertified organic farmers. Plus you help local farmers too. Another thing is to find one or two organic brands research the heck out of them and stick with them. Generallywhole food stores are a pretty safe place to where you don't have to worry. I'm new to the whole organic eating thing and we are starting slow. We buy all free range, hormone/antibiotic/steroid free meat and select organic veggies and fruits. By the end of the year we want to be 100% converted. I can tell a huge difference since we switched the few things we did. I have a lot more energy and meat doesn't make me bloated like it used to.

Quoting perezamberly:

You're right about the organic food. Lots of manufacturers are slapping an organic sticker on their products and calling it good... Uh no thanks. But you are not selfish :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess i'm "semi selfish" then, I baby wear, cloth diaper and formula feed.  (medically unable to bf-bash away if you must.) I also don't buy organic, its too dang expensive.  (Plus, I doubt that alot of the organic produce really is truly organic.  If its grown in the same field as the non organic stuff- then wouldn't it cross contaminate?) Its great and all if you wish to do those things, but its not an option for alot of people.  I seriously do not know of a co-op within driving distance, for example.  Its people like you shoving this crap down everyones throats that turn people away from doing more of these things.  Which- in alot of instances ARE better for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Yeah, I buy grass fed hormone free meat.

Quoting stephy_85:

Oh I knew that I don't worry about the farmers market and Co-Op but with our meats I do like for them to be certified organic or free range. A lot of the farms in the area that have meat do have the certification but they ship too so that is probably why. I am mainly picky about meats and what we buy in a store. Camcer runs in my family especially tumors and while doing some research I found that certain types of tumors theive on growth hormone that is in meat! Pretty scary stuff.

Quoting lalaboosh:

A lot of the local farms here are too small to afford organic certification, but they grow organic food. At the co-op their food is labeled pesticide free. At the farmer's market you can ask the person at the stand what they know about it. Not all organic food is labeled as such.

Quoting stephy_85:

That is very true which is why when buying organic it is best to buy from localcertified organic farmers. Plus you help local farmers too. Another thing is to find one or two organic brands research the heck out of them and stick with them. Generallywhole food stores are a pretty safe place to where you don't have to worry. I'm new to the whole organic eating thing and we are starting slow. We buy all free range, hormone/antibiotic/steroid free meat and select organic veggies and fruits. By the end of the year we want to be 100% converted. I can tell a huge difference since we switched the few things we did. I have a lot more energy and meat doesn't make me bloated like it used to.

Quoting perezamberly:

You're right about the organic food. Lots of manufacturers are slapping an organic sticker on their products and calling it good... Uh no thanks. But you are not selfish :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess i'm "semi selfish" then, I baby wear, cloth diaper and formula feed.  (medically unable to bf-bash away if you must.) I also don't buy organic, its too dang expensive.  (Plus, I doubt that alot of the organic produce really is truly organic.  If its grown in the same field as the non organic stuff- then wouldn't it cross contaminate?) Its great and all if you wish to do those things, but its not an option for alot of people.  I seriously do not know of a co-op within driving distance, for example.  Its people like you shoving this crap down everyones throats that turn people away from doing more of these things.  Which- in alot of instances ARE better for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephy_85
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Do you think it tastes better? My dh and I swear it tastes better and even our kids who were clueless when we first switched said how it was the best chicken, beef, pork etc that they had ever had. So far I am finding that it is also a lot more tender too.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting stephy_85:

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting stephy_85:

Quoting perezamberly:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
demonicaangel
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM

well i i wear the baby, but i FF because i'm on meds, I don't do cloth because i have no laundry facility in my apartment and walk to the laundrymat. and we can't afford the organic prices, i would like for my kids to eat ALL month long so if that makes me selfish so be it.

echoishername
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Know what else is organic? My pussy. Eat me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Yeah, it's a lot yummier. I can chew a steak without using as much energy! Yaaay!

Quoting stephy_85:

Do you think it tastes better? My dh and I swear it tastes better and even our kids who were clueless when we first switched said how it was the best chicken, beef, pork etc that they had ever had. So far I am finding that it is also a lot more tender too.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting stephy_85:

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting stephy_85:

Quoting perezamberly:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aviatioNation
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM

More or less than 10k/year?

Quoting LucyMom08:

Way below the poverty line...

Quoting aviatioNation:

Define "poor as shit."

Quoting LucyMom08:

I'm poor as shit and I do all that. It's called prioritizing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on May. 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM
I prefer to keep Huggies, Pampers, and formula companies in business so they dont have to lay off all of their employees. How would they provide for their families if they are unemployed???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN