Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have never made a FS post before but I just have to say something.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 239 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am disgusted that the EBT card can be used for fast food. Last night we had Dominos pizza. A man paid for his order with the damn fs card. Today, Jack in the Box (for a drink after school) and the man paid with a fs card. Yes, by all means, feed the starving masses. But let them shop for and prepare their meals. Why are we allowing them to waste gov't funds on fast food?!

Fast Food Chains Getting Into the Food Stamp Act

In an ever-growing number of  states, if you crave a taco or fried chicken from a fast-food restaurant,  you can pay for  it with food stamps.

Food stamps - known more formally as the USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program -  have been in use for grocery staples, such as bread and milk, since 1934, but now, for the first time,  they can be used for fast food  in four states across the country.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2011/09/fast-food-chains-getting-into-the-food-stamp-act/

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmandaMaeBell
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I don't know about all states, but here, you can not use fs for hot food.  

phoebe81
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM
7 moms liked this

I just want to point out that you're mistaken. Food stamps cannot be used for fast food. The EBT card has both food stamps and TANF or cash assistance on it.

I'm sure your point is still relevent, but you probably want to have accurate information if you're going to complain.

"Sometimes it is better to be kind than right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens."

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on May. 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Where is this? I have never heard of that. My my state, Arkansas, you cannot even buy hot deli food with FS. You are not allowed to buy ANY prepared food. But each state is different I guess

jessecutez
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

i dont think thats legal but i wouldnt know

heartnhidin
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

I don't know about all states, but here, you can not use fs for hot food.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on May. 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I forgot about TANF. Yep I bet this is what OP saw

Quoting phoebe81:

I just want to point out that you're mistaken. Food stamps cannot be used for fast food. The EBT card has both food stamps and TANF or cash assistance on it.

I'm sure your point is still relevent, but you probably want to have accurate information if you're going to complain.

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Califreakinfornia.

Quoting wrensong:

Where is this? I have never heard of that. My my state, Arkansas, you cannot even buy hot deli food with FS. You are not allowed to buy ANY prepared food. But each state is different I guess

diamondsetter
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM
This. It's not food stamps that is paying for his pizza, its cash assistance. Still annoying, but not food stamps.

Quoting phoebe81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Same gripe. Gag me. Still makes me ill.

Quoting phoebe81:

TrouserMouse
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM
You can't use food stamps for fast food, but you can use cash assistance. They both go on the dame card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN