Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For Those Who Like To B**** About Food Stamps

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm trying to make this a friendly post..seriously I am. 

Have you all ever stopped to think that they really are NOT the waste of money some think they are?  

Let's break this down.  Let's assume you are a food stamp recipient.  Let's say you are approved for $600 a month to feed a family of five.  (Three kids and a mom and dad who lost his job.)

Yes, the food stamps come out of taxpayer coffers...and no sales tax is charged whenever someone spends them but guess where the money still goes?  It goes back to the food manufacturers, and farmers who grow the food that EVERYONE eats.  Not just those on food stamps, but money spent on food, regardless of the source of money pays those who supply the food.  This trickles down to those who stock, ship, package and sell the food as well as check you out in the grocery line also. 

This coming November, stop and think about how you're going to vote because if the GOP gets its way, there will be NO food stamps for anyone...cutting off the program won't help the economy, it'll actually hurt it because there will be a significantly diminished cash flow going to the farmers.  If nobody can afford to buy it, there won't be any grown for those who can afford food to buy it either...

So next time any of you CMers want to bitch about food stamp recipients, know that your taxpayer dollars may go to a few who waste their food stamps, don't spend them wisely, or lie or cheat to get benefits for which they aren't entitled, that's not true of everyone on them.  You guys who holler about it should be glad the ones who truly deserve them are using them, because they're feeding that money back into the system in some way or another. 

I just hope there are some who can wrap their heads around this concept...you spend the money, it pays the people who produce the products, they produce more products for which you spend your money on. See how that works?  Have a nice day. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Amen! While there's no sales tax charged on food stamp purchases, there is on any and all cash transactions. I get more pissed off at the fact that we just had a sales tax increase in my county because we're reimbursing the county for $13 million dollars in legal fees, and compensation awards to former female inmates who claimed the former sheriff couldn't keep his pecker in his pants.  Judge ruled in favor of the former female inmates and paid them nearly that much in a class action suit...now citizens here have to deal with property tax increases as well as sales tax increases to pay that money back!  I'd rather my tax dollars go to pay for the food for a needy family than I would lining the pockets of these corrupt judges, police, and city and county government officials who abuse their power, and allowed such a thing to happen in the first place, but until I can move out of this area, I gotta, and then will just be lining the pockets of corrupt officials somewhere else. 

Quoting HadnKmom:

i get fs and i work. im so sick of people talking shit about me using the state and thats THEIR tax money...hey dumbass ITS MINE TOO!!! I PAY TAXES TOO!! 

HadnKmom
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM

i wonder what you have to say about me...i have 2 kids...i get fs healthcare and daycare assistance...am i a pos bc i have children i cant afford? because birth control failed me TWICE (okay the first time i got pregnant on my period and at school they said you cant get pregnant on your period...but i was on the pill too and the second time i took the morning after pill, so much for that one) and their pos sperm donors arent around...are you going to say im not trying to better myself?!?! you dont know this womans situation..where did she say shes not going to school? where did she say she will never try to better herself?!!?! i hope you dont teach your children to make assumption 1 your a bitch and 2 your an ASS. you sound like this bitch heather i got into it with about abortion...you and she would be best friends since you NEVER consider that sometimes shit happens. and once your a single mother and get pa that must mean you will NEVER amount to anything and your children will never amount to anything. grow the fuck up and go teach your children to be grateful for what they have and to respect everyone NO MATTER WHAT!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

we already have 4 children, whom we support with our own money, less the money stolen to support entitled, excuse making lazy fucks.

which brings me to you.... why do people like yourself constantly defend the inexcusable?  there is no reason for her to have children in her situation... NONE!  it's called birth control, it's called responsibility, it's call get fucking real!  yes, the deed is done, but that doesn't make it okay... what's she is doing to her children is nothing less than criminal!  she should feel bad, she should feel like a POS!  stop making excuses for her... she does quite well on her own... she is doing nothing to change her situation!  she should give those children a chance, a chance at a life, a chance at survival!

Quoting Anonymous:

I sincerely hope you're not breeding anymore. I'm pretty sure what i say wont matter to you in the slightest but damn, you're an ugly person.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, i guess... obviously she continues to make piss poor decisions to have children she can NEVER and will NEVER even hope to afford..... she should've learned the first time.... but, no.... she still makes fucked up choices... no daddys, no real job, no education, no way to EVER support a child!!  and honestly, I expect she's young and will continue to make shitty decisions, decisions to breed more welfare leeches, just like herself!

Quoting bootifuldisastr:

The act has already been done.  No sense in knocking her for it.  I hope you never make a "poor" choice.  She said she already feels terrible for using the FS. 

Quoting Anonymous:

thank you for proving that common sense doesn't run rampant in society!  stellar decision making... why not knock a few more babies out??  then you'll really reap the rewards!!  bet you had them on medicaid too?  bet you get WIC as well.... hold them hands out and keep making poor choices... don't worry, you'll never need to become responsible... HARD working families will foot the bill!!!

FYI.... BIRTH CONTROL IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!!  that or close your legs!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pregnant and have a 2-year-old daughter. I work 20 hours a week at minimum wage. I was working 2 jobs but lost one. I don't recieve child support or help from anyone. After applying for Food Stamps twice and getting denied, I finally got approved. My benefits will run out in a couple of months if I don't take my ex to court for child support. I get about $250 a month. I try to buy healthy food and ingredients to make meals instead of following in the footsteps of most of the people I've seen with Bridge Cards where they have carts full of chips, cookies, and soda. Every time I use my card I feel guilty. I don't like using money that isn't mine and I hate it that I can't provide for my daughter and myself as well as I should be able to. Since recieving Food Stamps, I have been able to do more for my daughter and put more money towards medical bills, etc. 

Thank you for this post. I never thought about it that way. 

ladyvamp5489
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM

If they do stop the FS program, my family will starve. Just the honest truth, my dh barely makes enough to pay bills much less worry about food. I pray they do not cut them off.

HadnKmom
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM

i think anyone on fs should have to buy locally. farmers market, pick n save/copps, w/e is in YOUR area...if you have fs i dont think you should be able to use it at places like wal mart...put the money back into your community that way you avoid things like what you are saying. (i only use my fs at local stores except i will admit if im at wal mart for something like clothes or a toothbrush and i need a gallon of milk i will use my fs)

Quoting Irenesmommy:

yes that money goes to the goverment coffers, you are paying peter to pay paul, fs aren't acually contributing at all, they are draining the existing economy. and those people who produce are most likely illegal immigrants who will take half the salary under the table, ffs, give it up already.

vixen42
by on May. 19, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I think if people need it they should get it unfortunately I have known 3 or 4 generations of people who were on it never got off and raised their kids and grandkids too be on it.I actually know a woman who will say why should I work when they will pay me too stay home.Those are the kind of people I have a problem with especially when she eats better than most of us do

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on May. 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Birth control is my friend, hey? Right. I'm not even supposed to be able to get pregnant but was on birth control for other reasons. It failed and I got pregnant with my first. This time my birth control got recalled. I have 2 college degrees but there are no jobs/careers in my area for what I went to school for. Thanks for being a bitch for absolutely no reason, though. Looks like you could use a little schooling yourself to help fix your grammar. Have a nice day!

Quoting Anonymous:

thank you for proving that common sense doesn't run rampant in society!  stellar decision making... why not knock a few more babies out??  then you'll really reap the rewards!!  bet you had them on medicaid too?  bet you get WIC as well.... hold them hands out and keep making poor choices... don't worry, you'll never need to become responsible... HARD working families will foot the bill!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pregnant and have a 2-year-old daughter. I work 20 hours a week at minimum wage. I was working 2 jobs but lost one. I don't recieve child support or help from anyone. After applying for Food Stamps twice and getting denied, I finally got approved. My benefits will run out in a couple of months if I don't take my ex to court for child support. I get about $250 a month. I try to buy healthy food and ingredients to make meals instead of following in the footsteps of most of the people I've seen with Bridge Cards where they have carts full of chips, cookies, and soda. Every time I use my card I feel guilty. I don't like using money that isn't mine and I hate it that I can't provide for my daughter and myself as well as I should be able to. Since recieving Food Stamps, I have been able to do more for my daughter and put more money towards medical bills, etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on May. 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Wouldn't worry about what they think, HadnKmom. Seems as though they're probably pro-abortion. I love the, "It's called responsibility quote." I at least HAVE a job. I could just lay around all day, not work, and not even bother watching my kid(s) and live in an apartment for free and get Cash Assistance and everything else on top of it and just live my life entirely on government assistance programs if I wanted to, but I'm not. I actually know of a couple of moms who do that. I'm sure the women making nasty comments would much rather see us all starve, as they certainly deserve their lives more than we do just because their lives panned out better for them. 

Quoting HadnKmom:

i wonder what you have to say about me...i have 2 kids...i get fs healthcare and daycare assistance...am i a pos bc i have children i cant afford? because birth control failed me TWICE (okay the first time i got pregnant on my period and at school they said you cant get pregnant on your period...but i was on the pill too and the second time i took the morning after pill, so much for that one) and their pos sperm donors arent around...are you going to say im not trying to better myself?!?! you dont know this womans situation..where did she say shes not going to school? where did she say she will never try to better herself?!!?! i hope you dont teach your children to make assumption 1 your a bitch and 2 your an ASS. you sound like this bitch heather i got into it with about abortion...you and she would be best friends since you NEVER consider that sometimes shit happens. and once your a single mother and get pa that must mean you will NEVER amount to anything and your children will never amount to anything. grow the fuck up and go teach your children to be grateful for what they have and to respect everyone NO MATTER WHAT!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

we already have 4 children, whom we support with our own money, less the money stolen to support entitled, excuse making lazy fucks.

which brings me to you.... why do people like yourself constantly defend the inexcusable?  there is no reason for her to have children in her situation... NONE!  it's called birth control, it's called responsibility, it's call get fucking real!  yes, the deed is done, but that doesn't make it okay... what's she is doing to her children is nothing less than criminal!  she should feel bad, she should feel like a POS!  stop making excuses for her... she does quite well on her own... she is doing nothing to change her situation!  she should give those children a chance, a chance at a life, a chance at survival!

Quoting Anonymous:

I sincerely hope you're not breeding anymore. I'm pretty sure what i say wont matter to you in the slightest but damn, you're an ugly person.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, i guess... obviously she continues to make piss poor decisions to have children she can NEVER and will NEVER even hope to afford..... she should've learned the first time.... but, no.... she still makes fucked up choices... no daddys, no real job, no education, no way to EVER support a child!!  and honestly, I expect she's young and will continue to make shitty decisions, decisions to breed more welfare leeches, just like herself!

Quoting bootifuldisastr:

The act has already been done.  No sense in knocking her for it.  I hope you never make a "poor" choice.  She said she already feels terrible for using the FS. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on May. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

There is a HUGE difference between FS and welfare in the US and the socialized healthcare system in the UK (and Canada, for that matter).  The socialzed healthcare systems allow everyone the same benefits. The social services in this country have very specific eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria = excludability criteria which in turn leads to fraud. 

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Quoting Anonymous:

It may not be their responsibility but think about how England runs its health care system.  Everyone in England is on "PA" if they've ever had to see a doctor for any reason, because they have publicly funded health care.  Regardless of a person's income they often have free health care for citizens of the country. (Tourists on the other hand have to pay a hospital bill). There are some private hospitals I think where they have to pay a hospital bill too but don't quote me on it.  So everywhere you go, there is some form of government support, not just here. 

Quoting armywife0424:

This post is insane. It's not the governments responsiblity to provide good for everyone. It doesn't matter if spending fs boots the economy because the economy is dead regardless and our country is broke. So what's more important saving our country or making others accountable for their lives and the children they chose to make?

Squidsmom41
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on May. 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM

There is not first of all because you did not even read what I posted. This is not a few. It's the top of the pyramid which widens as it goes down.

The SNAP receivers did not have these cars the top of the scam system did. Go visit the CM link and see the links for the other 5 million in another state in less than 9 months. Again, high dollar cars. The SNAP cheaters were frequenting certain stores where they could charge the SNAP card and would hand back 50% in cash to the SNAP receiver.

All of the SNAP people were trading their assistance for half it's value in cash. The store owners were getting their pay in full so half of our tax money was going to straight profit for the scamming store and the other half was being turned into cash for whatever they wanted. The investigation isn't over and I'm sure once all the audits performed hundreds or thousands of recipients will be arrested for their part in the fraud. No kids were being fed and no needs being bought.

Please go read the links I gave before commenting. I made them clickable to help you.  Read about 10MILLION in fraud in less than a year with only 2 states cited is not an exception. It's more the norm than you or any others want to acknowledge. Rare are those in need using it as it's meant. SMDH.

Quoting Anonymous:

First of all, these guys got caught so they're an example for those who may try to copycat it. 

And I would think that these guys are the exception, not the rule. I don't think I have ever seen one of our local food stamp recipients tooling around town in a Maserati or a Ferrari. For that matter, off hand I can't think of anyone else who gets food stamps and has such cars or anything. Many SNAP recipients I know buy food...the intended purpose for it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather the good get it together quicker and the system go away so the many and plentiful bad can't get them. I don't know about you but most is fraud and just in Georgia where 7 arrested for $5Million in food stamp fraud. They weren't the only ones as the SNAP recipients were using the stamps fraudulently.

I also think you need to wrap your head around the idea that I can spend my money better than anyone else.  

So a little food stamps bought $5 million and various bank accounts and assets, including a 2005 Corvette, a 2003 Ferrari and a 2005 Maserati.

http://www.ksla.com/story/17793384/savannah-woman-6-others-charged-in-5m-food-stamp-fraud-case

I guess you and everyone here missed the post about food stamp fraud. It has sat empty forever. Funny how trash like yours and others get responsed to but true news is ignored. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/16590769/SNAP_Fraud_5million_plus_in_9months_only_one_state

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN