Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I did. I bought a $172 bowling ball tonight. I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Replies (31-36):
TexasWife
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I nearly joined a star wars league because I wanted Yoda.

michaeljrsmommy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Oh Haha..my average is Wayyyy low. Lol I suck, but I don't care I just do it because I enjoy it.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Oh you don't have to be good. It's all handicapped and broken up into divisions. We took bowlers with 120 averages and less to nationals. I only had a 169 when we went.

Quoting michaeljrsmommy:

That's so cool. My husband Bowled on a winter league and they took second out of thirty two teams. It was a hard last game to see who was going to get first or second. They did good. No I haven't I just started bowling like a year ago. That's awesome. I'm not that good to be able to do anything like that.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Totally. My Mom's team just won their league. There were 40 teams so that was pretty awesome. I mostly miss tournaments. Have you ever bowled in Nationals? I did once. It was AMAZING.

Quoting michaeljrsmommy:

That's fun. I bowl on a handycap league because being pregnant and bowling is kinda hard but I HAD too. Lol and there's a huge payout at the end of the league. But yes I can very much understand your excitement. Ha

Quoting mom2ljh:

Glad someone can understand my excitement. LOL. I think I'll bowl a cash league in the fall. I'm bowling Perfect Practice this summer, which is just for fun and I get coupons for 100 free games at the end.

Quoting michaeljrsmommy:

The ones I just got are dexters. They are black and white. I love them. I haven't been able to use them yet but I will Tuesday when league starts. I just got a new ball for Christmas, now I just want a bigger bag and ill be set and happy. Ha

Quoting mom2ljh:

I need new shoes too. Eventually I might get some. I have Dexter SST 6 now. They were $120 about 8 years ago. The SST 8 are ugly and since I use a slide sock anyhow, it's no big deal. My shoes are fine for now, and they're super cute (they're the peacock color).

Quoting michaeljrsmommy:

Cool. I just got 100 dollar bowling shoes..mine were just old and not working with the lanes. Ha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok. I'll take a pic tonight. I'm going to roll a couple games before I work.

Quoting TexasWife:

Picture?? I wanna see.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Freaking sweet!!

Quoting TexasWife:

I nearly joined a star wars league because I wanted Yoda.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetMama823
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Wow, had no idea they were that expensive. I love bowling!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM
They aren't all that high. You can get a plastic ball for $50 and they go up from there. Mine is a high performance ball so it's more. Entry level reactive balls are a lot less and mid-range balls are slightly less. Some go as high a $250. I didn't really want to spend as much as I did but I'm insanely picky about my equipment (brand, finish, etc) and this was the only one he had in my brand of choice and it just happened to be in my weight. It was a great purchase. :-)

Quoting SweetMama823:

Wow, had no idea they were that expensive. I love bowling!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)