Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teachers Are Well Paid

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Next time a teacher wants to complain about money tell them this: "Deanna Jump, a kindergarten teacher from Georgia, has made $700,000 selling her lesson plans on Teachers Pay Teachers, an ecommerce startup where teachers offer their lesson plans to fellow educators."

Teachers need to stop complaining and figure out how to make it work.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I made more money bartending than I did as a teacher with a Masters Degree. 

Quoting lordkanarven:

I made more waiting tables then my aunt who has been a teacher for 25 years 

Quoting mommasbabies77:

I get more money waiting tables than my son's teacher assistants for his special needs class does. It's messed up that they don't get paid more. Teachers should be paid more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 18, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Teachers are underpaid, however, they also have excellent state retirement benefits. It's a trade off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 18, 2012 at 8:41 AM
My sister spent more money in loans then she makes in a year.
two4one
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM

On another note, it depends on where you live. Here on Long Island, teachers are paid a good salary. I never complain about how much I make because I know my salary reflects what I do as an educator. I have also been a blue collar worker and have made far less. I feel bad for the teachers in other areas that are not compensated like that should be. Teaching is a rewarding, yet very difficult job.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laranadtony:

Why not a different school district?

I didn't want to.

I was done.

I make more right now than I did teaching.Almost twice as much and I only work part time and enjoy what I do,

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Hello people!! What are you talking about?? Teachers are making more than enough. I got a letter from school with teachers salary for the last year. So the smallest amount was 80000$. It's not enough? And all summer they are off!!!
Autumn19
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM
my sisters bf is a teacher this yr he is finishing his masters and he will get 50k a yr.
But i agree teachers are way under paid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I think most of the people saying teachers get paid enough is complete bull.  If teaching is such an easy job then I suggest you homeschool your kids for a couple of years.  Maybe then you would appreciate the incredible job that teachers do.  I homeschool my two boys and teaching them takes an incredible amount of work.  Imagine what a teacher that is responsible for a whole classroom has to go through.  Also teachers are not just teaching kids but many times they have to deal with uninvolved parents as well.  I find it sad that we tip our waitress better than we tip our children's educators.  I know a lot of teachers that buy for their classroom out of pocket.  Imagine how much better it would be if parents donated money to the teacher for classroom use.  It is also not just the money but the gesture behind it as well.  Teachers really appreciate parents that care enough to help when they can whether it be their time or money.  There is no profession that needs our support more than the educational system.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM
When I was teaching I made $28000. That's not even remotely enough. I now make $75000 and it's half the work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I made hardly anything teaching, one of the main reasons I don't do it any
more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)