Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teachers Are Well Paid

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Next time a teacher wants to complain about money tell them this: "Deanna Jump, a kindergarten teacher from Georgia, has made $700,000 selling her lesson plans on Teachers Pay Teachers, an ecommerce startup where teachers offer their lesson plans to fellow educators."

Teachers need to stop complaining and figure out how to make it work.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
cdrekaj
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:43 AM

I am a teacher and let me tell you we do not get paid more.  My husband is a waiter and make double what I make and I have a masters degree!

MommyAnnaBanana
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
It is a shame that some teachers make so little. We entrust these people with our most valuable resource, our children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM

No,dear ,they do not.You are delusional.

mommyladnad
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I do not think I am unpaid. I am underpaid. I don't chose to do my job for the money. I do it because I love it and I can not imagine doing anything else. My point is simply that it is sad that teachers, who have an important job in educating our children and helping them have a bright future are not paid enough to handle simple things like owning a home and providing for their families. I am not talking about designer clothes and fancy cars. I am talking about living in a small home that I own and keeping food on the table, heating oil in the oil tank, and things like that. I am not complaining. I love my career. Again, it is just sad that pro athletes make millions for playing a game, but teachers, social workers, and other people who have taken it upon themselves to choose a career that ultimately serves others have to struggle. I also think that it is sad that teaching is not a respected profession in our country anymore. But I will keep teaching because I feel that it is important, and to help kids, not to make a million dollars or impress people. 

Christine0813
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:55 AM

No, they don't.

Quoting EleanorATT:

Teachers make a decent amount regardless.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Are you factoring in all the vacation time that is included in their yearly salaries? What other job truly allows all the time off that comes with being a teacher. What other job changes your paycheck to pay you during the time you are off so you have a paycheck rather than have to save your money to get by when your not working.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Are you counting the number of hours they actually work, and the amount of out of pocket money that they spend every year on their classrooms? 

Quoting EleanorATT:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Not all school districts do that.
AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 7:57 AM
2 moms liked this

If they'd like a livable salary during the school year, most of the time that "vacation time" isn't paid. Or do you think that so many teachers have second or summer jobs because they get bored over the break? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you factoring in all the vacation time that is included in their yearly salaries? What other job truly allows all the time off that comes with being a teacher. What other job changes your paycheck to pay you during the time you are off so you have a paycheck rather than have to save your money to get by when your not working.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Are you counting the number of hours they actually work, and the amount of out of pocket money that they spend every year on their classrooms? 

Quoting EleanorATT:

mommasbabies77
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Because communism works well

Quoting wifenmomnc72:

All professions should get paid EQUALLY.  This way there is no hunger, homeless or people complaining.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 8:00 AM
I think they should get paid on how they teach. Some teachers are rude and hate showing up for work. There's some that won't assign work because that means that they will actually have to grade papers. I admit there are some awesome teachers but not a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured