Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teachers Are Well Paid

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Next time a teacher wants to complain about money tell them this: "Deanna Jump, a kindergarten teacher from Georgia, has made $700,000 selling her lesson plans on Teachers Pay Teachers, an ecommerce startup where teachers offer their lesson plans to fellow educators."

Teachers need to stop complaining and figure out how to make it work.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Replies (51-60):
miss_lisa
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
My DD's school offered me a teacher's assistant position at $9/hr. Our local McDonalds starts at $13.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

I get more money waiting tables than my son's teacher assistants for his special needs class does. It's messed up that they don't get paid more. Teachers should be paid more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Same here. The average is 80k.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laura_sims:

Teachers where I live start at 50k plus benefits.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:01 AM
factor in cost of living..how great is that?

Quoting sammygrl77:

Same here. The average is 80k.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laura_sims:

Teachers where I live start at 50k plus benefits.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmart18255
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:02 AM

teachers are overworked and underpaid. they shouldnt have to have side businesses to make money. your post is invalid.

alwayskk
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:02 AM

She's not making $700K a year as a teacher. She's making that much as a saleswoman.

OkieMom2673
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:02 AM
There are a lot of teachers in my family, absolutly underpaid. As well as firefighters, police officers, juvenile detention officers and the military. I can't wait to get out of school so I can work less and make more money than I am now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaydeesLaydee
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Problem is, if EVERY teacher in the US started to do this, they wouldn't make diddly squat, due to simple laws of supply and demand. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Quoting miss_lisa:

Do you know the duties of a teachers assistant? Most TAs i have seen are retired from another job or mothers with school aged children etc. If they didn't want the job they can go to Micky Ds to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Quoting jmart18255:

teachers are overworked and underpaid. they shouldnt have to have side businesses to make money. your post is invalid.

why many other professions people have side jobs. Why can't teachers?
fnormo
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I would love to see the breakdown of what other four year degree jobs get paid in the first five to ten years. If a teacher takes out loans for their education, you need a second job to pay them off. The stability is nice but it is seriously not a decent wage for a bachelors degree..we definitely don't do it for the money but because it's what we love.. In other countries, teachers get paid almost as much as doctors- but I wouldn't want to live there:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)