Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Going to court monday, what should I have

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I am going to court monday because my husband put a restraining order on me for slapping him. He took my children and car with it. I finally snapped after months of verbally and emotional abuse from his mother and step father and my husband got in my way trying to get my 1 year old from his step dad. I was just trying to get him out of the way not going to purposly harm. I only hit him.1 time on his back but he called the cops.

I know his family will be there making up lies about me and I had no family or friends in the state as witnesses. I know I need to take the papers from the courts but what else. I have found profiles of my husbands on multiple sex sites trying to cheat on me starting back in 09. Should I print those off as a character thing for him? I am just trying to get my kids back.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NikkiDoll
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM
3 moms liked this
You should have an attorney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Take whatever "dirt" you have. But without proof he has been abusive to you, you honestly have nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Quoting NikkiDoll:

Yes have an attorney NEVER go to court without one!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I can't afford one. I was a stay at home mom and he took all the money. I dont think public defenders do this sort of stuff.

Quoting NikkiDoll:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
It really wasn't him. it was his mom mostly. His step dad called my 5 year old autistic child a lunatic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Take whatever "dirt" you have. But without proof he has been abusive to you, you honestly have nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM
It wont matter if u have those profiles printed. That doesn't give you any right to hit someone. You are pretty screwed if no lawyer and no proof of him abusing you.
smr2226
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM
In my area there is a law firm that will do custody cases and such and base the fees on your income if you qualify. Maybe there is one like that in your area. I'd look into that. I hope it all works out!

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't afford one. I was a stay at home mom and he took all the money. I dont think public defenders do this sort of stuff.

Quoting NikkiDoll:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabbysmom715
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM
no clue good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM
bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been taking to a guy that knows my situation. He told me if there was not much they could do it would be no cost but if they could there would be. He hasnt told me three cost though

Quoting smr2226:

In my area there is a law firm that will do custody cases and such and base the fees on your income if you qualify. Maybe there is one like that in your area. I'd look into that. I hope it all works out!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NikkiDoll:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)