Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Going to court monday, what should I have

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am going to court monday because my husband put a restraining order on me for slapping him. He took my children and car with it. I finally snapped after months of verbally and emotional abuse from his mother and step father and my husband got in my way trying to get my 1 year old from his step dad. I was just trying to get him out of the way not going to purposly harm. I only hit him.1 time on his back but he called the cops.

I know his family will be there making up lies about me and I had no family or friends in the state as witnesses. I know I need to take the papers from the courts but what else. I have found profiles of my husbands on multiple sex sites trying to cheat on me starting back in 09. Should I print those off as a character thing for him? I am just trying to get my kids back.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Replies (21-27):
Tatum2U
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I think you need to be careful in court. You don't want the judge to see you as a Tit-for -Tat type person ,as someone not willing to take 100% responsibility for their OWN actions , or someone who is being vindictive etc.. I would calmly explain how and why it happened and then make sure when it comes to your slap you say you regret it , take full responsibility etc. You may want to explain what happen but try and do ut   BRIEFLY .just be careful ,it has a lot to do with how you present things.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can honestly say it hasn't and it wont. I have never hit anyone ever before that. I do have the multiple times I called the cops on them that weekend is there a way to get any of that. They put my kids in cars without car seats and locked my daughter and I out of the house for 8 hours no food or money until a church got us food and a hotel.

Quoting Tatum2U:

You need to go in and take full responsibility for the slap and tell them it's never happened before and will never happen again.

“you know you’ve created God in your own image when God hates all the same people that you do”

MynameisMummy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Look up your states bar association... and go from there. If money is an issue they can help with that. DO NOT sit on this. You need to get a lawyer ASAP. Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM

So let me get this straight, you waited until the last business day to ask strangers for help, as much as I feel for your situation if you don't get your kids back it will be your fault. You should of done research on the judge gotten a job or two ANY JOB walked 6 miles to get there, there  really are no excuses to not do everything you can to get a lawyer. You have researched nothing for all you know there could be a free lawyer in your area willing to take you on, but instead of finding out yourself you waited for someone else to find out the answer for you. You should of signed up for classes anger mang and parenting (which judges always require anyway and make you look better that you did it without question). I don't mean to be harsh but walking in front of a judge when you have done nothing to show that you have "changed" (the judge doesn't know you and he probably doesn't care) that doesn't look good on you at all. All you have is a he said she said and some paper work. That's it. You have nothing. You need to get off CM and go research lawyers call everyone, and get your butt signed up for classes they really arent that expensive. Good luck I am sure you are an awesome mom but you need to do something to help yourself. And please don't think I am just being hatefull to you. I don't know you and therefore I have no judgement on you. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I have actually been interviewes 3 times in the last week. Im not in the state of this so lawyers are harder to find but ive been talking to one but I am waiting to hear back if im going to have to pay. He told me its a popularity contest basically which is why I finally asked here. I am trying to see a therapist but I have no insurance right now

Quoting Anonymous:

So let me get this straight, you waited until the last business day to ask strangers for help, as much as I feel for your situation if you don't get your kids back it will be your fault. You should of done research on the judge gotten a job or two ANY JOB walked 6 miles to get there, there  really are no excuses to not do everything you can to get a lawyer. You have researched nothing for all you know there could be a free lawyer in your area willing to take you on, but instead of finding out yourself you waited for someone else to find out the answer for you. You should of signed up for classes anger mang and parenting (which judges always require anyway and make you look better that you did it without question). I don't mean to be harsh but walking in front of a judge when you have done nothing to show that you have "changed" (the judge doesn't know you and he probably doesn't care) that doesn't look good on you at all. All you have is a he said she said and some paper work. That's it. You have nothing. You need to get off CM and go research lawyers call everyone, and get your butt signed up for classes they really arent that expensive. Good luck I am sure you are an awesome mom but you need to do something to help yourself. And please don't think I am just being hatefull to you. I don't know you and therefore I have no judgement on you. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Got it, I'm sorry if i sounded harsh but lately I have been dealing with alot of "friends" going through simmilar stuff and all they do is complain while sitting on their butts. I am really glad to hear that you aren't one of those parents. And I really hope that you get your kids back asap. That has to be devasting. Also, I probably would of hit him to. There is no worse place to be then between a mother and her child.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have actually been interviewes 3 times in the last week. Im not in the state of this so lawyers are harder to find but ive been talking to one but I am waiting to hear back if im going to have to pay. He told me its a popularity contest basically which is why I finally asked here. I am trying to see a therapist but I have no insurance right now

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Show remorse for smacking him. Take responsiblity for your actions. Take the things you have on him so the judge can see what put you over the edge.

Offer to attend counseling and a third party exchange with the kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM
No ive been trying. I hadnt seen my 3 boys in 24 hours at that point and they were trying to leave with them again. I know I wont be very nice to my husband but ill never hit him again. Im getting bills in his name e mailed to me daily. He has profiles trying to have affairs that his dick is the main photo. His mom hit me which is in the police report and she hit him which is in there too. The lawyer I talked to said it sounds like charges should be pressed on my in laws

Quoting Anonymous:

Got it, I'm sorry if i sounded harsh but lately I have been dealing with alot of "friends" going through simmilar stuff and all they do is complain while sitting on their butts. I am really glad to hear that you aren't one of those parents. And I really hope that you get your kids back asap. That has to be devasting. Also, I probably would of hit him to. There is no worse place to be then between a mother and her child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)