Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cps, autism and a messy house.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My DD has ASD.
On Monday my washing machine broke. I called my babysitter, and went to pick up a new one.
When I got home a police car was just pulling up. DD had ran out the front door.( The front doot that I had locked when I left and warned the sitter not to let DD out.) She made it to a gas station a mile away.
Needles to say that sitter has been fired.
My house was a mess that day. It had been reasonably clean the week before, but I suffer from depression and stuff had piled up.
They were going to take my kids, but DD is non verbal, autistic, and an elopement risk. She didn't get away while in my care, but while in the care of a (in hindsight) incapable sitter. So instead of moving the kids they sent workers into my house to watch us. I was given 48hrs to get the house into acceptable condition, and I made it with time to spare. The 24/7 supervision has been lifted, but I know they will be back soon. They will help me apply for disability and SSI for DD.
I've had one hell of a bad week.
The icing on the cake? The washer I went to fetch from my brother's house doesn't work either!!!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
booklover74
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry you're dealing with this. I have an ASD kiddo and he was an escape artist when younger. I'd want to strangle the sitter that caused this. Hopefully the state will be out of your lives soon.

For those saying her house must have been a nasty mess or CPS wouldn't have been involved, you are clueless. Her house was so messy that it took a handful of hours to clean, while she was caring for her kids? That's hardly a nasty mess.

The social workers weren't there to teach her how to clean. They were just there to oversee the wellbeing of the kids, that's it,  just make sure the kids weren't in any danger. 

Social services could easily get involved with anyone. If your child wanders of int he middle of the night and the police bring them back, then inspect your home before agreeing to give them back to you. They see what they thinkk s a mess. 

The dinner dishes and pans in the sink not clean, the overflowing kitchen trash an that you forgot to take out, the never ending pile of laundry (both clean and dirty),  toys all over the livingroom and several stacks of books in various places on the floor, the layer of dust on everything and craft supplies that have magically multipled to over every available surface before you even noticed. Oh and the mildewish oddor coming from the tiny leak in the bathroom that you keep forgetting to make time to fix so now you house has a funky smell on top of things. Yep your house looks a mess when just the weekend before you spent the whole time cleaning until the place looked tidy and certainly not nasty.

Not knowing you from Adam the police see (and smell) your house after having picked up your wandering child in the middle of the night and they decide that child isn't safe and they call CPS to remive your kids for 48 hours until they sort it all out. Bada bing CPS is now up your butt and in your lives. it's noot all that complicated and doesn't indicate you are acctually doing anything wrong.

Aurora-Dove
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I've just had it today with people on this site doing nothing but trying to tear other people down, and prove to a bunch of freaking strangers that they are better parents. Whoever posted this was obviously just looking for a little support after a tough ordeal and people are just bashing her. To the original poster, and to anyone else in here, if you are looking for a friend who will actually be supportive and be willing to give advice if needed without bashing you or judging how you parent your kids, feel free to PM me or send a friend request.

Quoting Angelicembrace:

clappingThank you! I agree!

Quoting Aurora-Dove:

You people are ridiculous, CPS is not known for wanting to leave kids with their families, they will take your kids away if you don't kiss their ass, and if her house took LESS THAN A DAY  to get in order to their approval, I'm sure it wasn't filthy as some of you are stating. I'm sorry you are going through this, my child isn't autistic, but I have done a lot of work with children with numerous disabilities, and it's very hard to keep up with them, especially when you turn your back for 5 minutes to load the dishwasher, only to find your child trying to climb out the window, or overflowing a bath tub, or writing all over the walls, sometimes with things that definitely are not meant for walls if you know that I mean. I commend you and I'm sure you are an amazing mother! hang in there, It'll all be over soon!

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM
How did they know where she lived if she's non verbal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethanyb0325
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. But they wanted to take her not really for the house, but because she took off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Two different ways. 1 she has ID dogtags with her name adress and my cell# on them, and 2 my neighbor spotted her running across the street the same time as the cops did. Thank goodness for nosy old ladies.

Quoting KYLIEAARONMOMMY:

How did they know where she lived if she's non verbal?
shorty00207450
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

dang im sorry. it will get better. i know all about depression.

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

lefted

lefted

lefted

lefted!

Quoting Anonymous:

Advice? I responded to one person who didn't have a positive word to say.
The doors have double sided deadbolts and chimes. DD cannot and did not unlock or open the door. The sitter did.

Quoting Anonymous:

This really upsets me,you post your child was lefted with a person,who didn't notice she opened the door,and walked a mile away. Then,you said your house was so dirty and nasty,that they put cps workers in your home to teach you how to clean. But, everytime we give you advice,you get an attitude. Do you take medication for your depression? And,is it possible for you to get a housekeeper? Also,can you child proof your doors,so she can't get out again? I'm very glad your dd is safed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Quoting Irenesmommy:

lefted

lefted

lefted

lefted!

Quoting Anonymous:

Advice? I responded to one person who didn't have a positive word to say.

The doors have double sided deadbolts and chimes. DD cannot and did not unlock or open the door. The sitter did.

Quoting Anonymous:

This really upsets me,you post your child was lefted with a person,who didn't notice she opened the door,and walked a mile away. Then,you said your house was so dirty and nasty,that they put cps workers in your home to teach you how to clean. But, everytime we give you advice,you get an attitude. Do you take medication for your depression? And,is it possible for you to get a housekeeper? Also,can you child proof your doors,so she can't get out again? I'm very glad your dd is safed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2012 at 6:33 AM
To all the moms saying it doesn't take a lot for CPS to take the kids away. Well if that were the case moms living who have roaches would not have kids, the mom who posted pictures of her dd bedroom would have her children taken away.

It does not take a messy house to have your children removed. It takes FILTH and DISGUST and UNSANITARY living conditions?

NDADanceMom
by on May. 19, 2012 at 6:40 AM

It seems to me that this is what CPS is for.  They didnt take your child.  You clearly were over your head and now you are getting help.  win win IMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)