Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH wants me to cancel Facebook!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
So my DH has never used fb and does not like social networking he says Im basically in another world when I use it an says that it can get people in trouble with old flames, he also thinks only a handful of people in you friends list are actual friends an we can always get in touch with family through phone,text, or email.
So I really like fb but don't want it to cause a rift in my marriage and don't want to go behind his back...what should I do...what would you do?

UPDATE***
Well, I am currently still using it ,just to let everyone know it is definitely not a trust issue with DH I think really its an unknown one going into the unknown I mean, he doesn't feel comfortable about letting people you don't barely know have access to things in your life and he doesn't understand posting pics all in cyberspace, he has also mentioned that sometime I've become upset over certain posts or statuses and have told him I'm sick of it and going to cancel my account(which I have said) soon..... I've decided I will keep it until I decide to deactivate and just simply not go on it or bring up anything about it when he is around so far this has been working well!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eastcoastmama11
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM
3 moms liked this

I would explain to him the reasons why I like it, and that you will make sure that you don't become engrossed or obsessed lol, or let it interfere with your daily life.

Then I'd keep the page. Honestly, if it's something you enjoy and it isn't taking away from or interfereing with your real life he shouldn't be demanding that you cancel it. Your a big girl :).

JeremiahJackson
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Are you a newlywed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
How old are you and your dh? How long married? He sounds insecure. Maybe add his name to the account,so you teo have a joint acct and he has the pswd as well. He may find that he likes it
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him that you aren't going to cancel it.

Piskie
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM
I'd keep the page.
It's another form of interaction between friends.
We share videos, stories, music together. Couldn't do that over the phone or email.
Tell him to lump it. It's your space, your friends and I'm sorry theres no reason for him to want that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I think its sad that he doesn't trust you.....and it sounds like it may be a control issue. I wouldn't cancel it. I'd say if it bothers him that much I'd give him the password and tell him to feel free to log on any time.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Noooooooooo. You must keep facebook ! typing

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM
3 moms liked this
Keep it, that's controlling behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM

You could save your password and he can get on yours when ever he wants if that makes him feel better. If he trusts you he really shouldn't need to though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
No one controls me but me... i will only cancel my fb if i choose to. This sounds like his insecurity and needs to stop trying to control you. There is either trust or no relationship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)