Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH wants me to cancel Facebook!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So my DH has never used fb and does not like social networking he says Im basically in another world when I use it an says that it can get people in trouble with old flames, he also thinks only a handful of people in you friends list are actual friends an we can always get in touch with family through phone,text, or email.
So I really like fb but don't want it to cause a rift in my marriage and don't want to go behind his back...what should I do...what would you do?

UPDATE***
Well, I am currently still using it ,just to let everyone know it is definitely not a trust issue with DH I think really its an unknown one going into the unknown I mean, he doesn't feel comfortable about letting people you don't barely know have access to things in your life and he doesn't understand posting pics all in cyberspace, he has also mentioned that sometime I've become upset over certain posts or statuses and have told him I'm sick of it and going to cancel my account(which I have said) soon..... I've decided I will keep it until I decide to deactivate and just simply not go on it or bring up anything about it when he is around so far this has been working well!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
tth328
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM
My husband said the same exact thing.. Then when we orders to leave and everyone convinced him to get a fb to stay in touch with them.. Now he shuts it lol Anyways, I think you as an adult and as an individual should be able to do things like this without his permission or whatnot. It's really not a big deal and he should respect you enough to let you have space and things of your own. My husband have his card and movie collection thing going on. I think it's a waste of money but it makes him happy. Mine is home decor and pictures. I think he need to laid off a little bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM
No we've been married 7yes and been together 10 lol

Quoting JeremiahJackson:

Are you a newlywed?
Mrs.Vallo
by Sylvia on May. 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Sounds like he does not trust you that much. However Make a page for the both of you. I have seen a lot of people do that. I have friends who have couple pages. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM
No we've been married 7yes and been together 10 lol

Quoting JeremiahJackson:

Are you a newlywed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I wont cancel it bwcause i use it properly and talk to him tell him to learn how trust his own wife .. Because he didnt marry a whore .... Im sorry but when dh said something similar that was my reply in fact dh is the one who had probs using the page correctly , but trust me hd learned a good lesson
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, if my husband didn't like it and asked me to get rid of it I would. However, my husband and I both do not have Facebook because it does cause problems. We txt/call/email family, no need for us to have a facebook to keep in touch. Plus his parents/cousins don't have facebook either and we don't want my family knowing our business. So not having it works for us.

Ctink8189
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
That is just ridiculous. Sounds like he has some major insecurities. I have family ALL over the world and i couldnt imagine keeping in touch with them as much as i do without my Facebook. My husband doesnt like FB either, he thinks it's "lame" lol but he would never ask me to get rid of mine just because he doesnt like it.
Totallysmitten
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I think he's right if people don't use Facebook responsibly. It could be a curse. There are ways to restrict access to your profile, and allow only certain people to interact with you, but most people don't implement these options.
www.workathomeresource.info
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Its a web site. If he is that uncomfortable with it why keep it?

i personally would cry if my hubby felt uncomfortable with my using it lol but ultimately this is my real glorious life and the internet can go at anytime.

ilovemykids732
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I let my DH delete mine before, and than I made a new one... haha but he knows I did... it was a year later... he also knows who I add, and tells me if he doesnt like someone who I added, I than delete that person... :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured