Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your so/dh brag about this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

So last night, DH went to visit a friend that he is helping get a job with his company. This friend and his wife just had a baby last October and DH was interacting and playing with her. He comes home and tells me that he feels bad for their daughter because she is always sick. We have three kids ourselves and number 4 is due any day now I have alway been a breastfeeding advocate. I have educated dh since day one about breastfeeding and he is always making it  a point to rub it all his friends faces that have kids that are formula fed...not sure why, I dont flaunt my breastfeeding so it shocks me he would do that. Anywho, he was giving his friends wife a hard time about not nursing and how much better it would be for the baby and she possibly wouldnt be sick all the time like she is. This is not the first time, DH is always bragging about how healthy our kids are because of me breastfeeding...I didn't think guys cared about that kind of stuff!!! Do you know anyone's so/dh that does this, does yours brag?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
areyouatroll
by on May. 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh thinks I do everything right, and he tells others what I do, and how our son is. So he is bragging about us but not in a mean way. It's usually when someone is complaining about their kid or something, then he will say, "well dw does this... "
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM

nice.....

Quoting areyouatroll:

My dh thinks I do everything right, and he tells others what I do, and how our son is. So he is bragging about us but not in a mean way. It's usually when someone is complaining about their kid or something, then he will say, "well dw does this... "

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, he has said many times that nursing DD exclusivly for 9 monthd and then with food until 26 months was probably the best thing I could have done for her!
He is proud of me for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM
4 moms liked this
My formula feed and non vaccinated children are sick less then my friends kids who are all breastfed and vaccinated. So there goes that. And I don't feel its right for anyone to force their opinions on others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by on May. 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM
My Dh is kinda similar but he does just as much with the kids as I so sometimes its we instead of just what I do. Unless it is something I do like bfing. And hes happy I pumped exclusively for 11 mths and baby still only had bm. doesn't really brag just in conversation.

Quoting areyouatroll:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarShy740
by on May. 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM
My soon was sick a lot and was formula feed come to find out when he turned 3 he needed tubes in his ears and he has been such maybe 3.times since then he is 5 now. The tubes helped hima lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on May. 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM

No he doesn't brag about anything like that.

My formula fed daughter was always sick until she was 2.

My breastfed (still breastfeeding) 1 year old is sick ALL the time as well.

He is just as sick as she ever was. The only difference is that he has only ever had one ear infection whereas she has had 9 in her 3 years of life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Its one thing to think it and another thing to go around tooting your horn.

I mind my own business.
LectioDivina
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I don't think my husband has ever had a discussion about my breastfeeding to any of his friends, ever...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 19, 2012 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this
He minds his own business just like me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN