Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what I made for dinner should get me a seat in hell...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so I seen the post about goldfish, and peanut butter sandwich for lunch.. lmao wow the fruit cup that went off and made her own post about saying how bad it was made me wonder if I am going to hell for what my family ate for dinner.... So whats my seat number in hell....

Fish sticks, corn dogs, mac and cheese, and broccoli  and cheese...

fyi - corn dogs is for hubby ....

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (291-300):
weirdkids
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM

the one good thing is i can feed him crap and it wont hurt him lol all the kids are similar in that aspect but his mutation is a little more prominant than the other kids lol. ds can eat. like really pack it away and its like he hasnt eaten anything lol. right now his favorite is tuna sandwiches. he goes bonkers for em. he hates mac and cheese. never met a kid that hated that until him lol. snack wise, he powers kix and cherrios so we had to upgrade. he does get fruit and veggies purely for the vitamans lol what makes it bad is that instead of storing body fat, he gains muscle so it makes him very strong for how tiny he is. it takes 2 of us to put a diaper on him lol and a brave soul to get him dressed.

Quoting marihla:

I've read about this condition, I can't imagine how scary that must be! Not to mention how much work, as if he's born a teenager. I've gotten major hypoglycemia from my pregnancy so I can appreciate what it feels like to have to be constantly preparing food (I will literally pass out if I don't have protein every hour!) What really bothers me about people nagging us for making chicken nuggets for dinner is that it just seems like they want to brag about how much money and spare time they have, as if they never cut corners in the kitchen. Dinner is that awesome time when everyone gathers, if just for 10 minutes. It`s not a time when you should be wondering what other people would say if they saw what`s on your table!

Quoting weirdkids:

my son goes to an early intervention play group. i send him with his own food because of his diet. he doesnt store body fat so he is on a special diet of high protien carbs and fat, low sugar. and he has to eat a snack at least once every hour. a full meal every 3. peanutbutter crackers are the norm for snack.

Quoting marihla:

Yes we provide wonderful snacks with whole grain and fresh melons and other fruits and vegetables. I swear that these are the only healthy things these children are eating!

Quoting weirdkids:

My daughters daycare was awesome. They fed the kids healthy stuff all week except Fridays. Friday was chicken nuggets, veggies, and cupcakes lol

Quoting marihla:

I don't get why people give a shit what we make for dinner. NOW, what I see some children bringing for lunch and snack EVERYday at daycare, sometimes deeply disturbs me. One child gets a can of ravioli every day (that's all!). No nutritional value. Another gets a whole bag full of crap. She practically cries for real food; an apple, a banana, some friggin toast! I'm so glad we serve healthy snacks for any children who want it.

lezgirl0109
by on May. 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM

marihla
by on May. 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I was going to ask if he was super strong like that one child on that TV special. I feel your pain with the mac and cheese. I can't feed my stepson anything! He won't eat mac and cheese, cereal, eggs, white bread, doesn't want anything on his sandwiches and burgers but the meat, won't eat yogourt, drink milk, or just about anything else that normal children like. Drives me freaking crazy because either something has to be made from scratch or we're eating pizza... I can't eat pizza every day.

Quoting weirdkids:

the one good thing is i can feed him crap and it wont hurt him lol all the kids are similar in that aspect but his mutation is a little more prominant than the other kids lol. ds can eat. like really pack it away and its like he hasnt eaten anything lol. right now his favorite is tuna sandwiches. he goes bonkers for em. he hates mac and cheese. never met a kid that hated that until him lol. snack wise, he powers kix and cherrios so we had to upgrade. he does get fruit and veggies purely for the vitamans lol what makes it bad is that instead of storing body fat, he gains muscle so it makes him very strong for how tiny he is. it takes 2 of us to put a diaper on him lol and a brave soul to get him dressed.

Quoting marihla:

I've read about this condition, I can't imagine how scary that must be! Not to mention how much work, as if he's born a teenager. I've gotten major hypoglycemia from my pregnancy so I can appreciate what it feels like to have to be constantly preparing food (I will literally pass out if I don't have protein every hour!) What really bothers me about people nagging us for making chicken nuggets for dinner is that it just seems like they want to brag about how much money and spare time they have, as if they never cut corners in the kitchen. Dinner is that awesome time when everyone gathers, if just for 10 minutes. It`s not a time when you should be wondering what other people would say if they saw what`s on your table!

Quoting weirdkids:

my son goes to an early intervention play group. i send him with his own food because of his diet. he doesnt store body fat so he is on a special diet of high protien carbs and fat, low sugar. and he has to eat a snack at least once every hour. a full meal every 3. peanutbutter crackers are the norm for snack.

Quoting marihla:

Yes we provide wonderful snacks with whole grain and fresh melons and other fruits and vegetables. I swear that these are the only healthy things these children are eating!

Quoting weirdkids:

My daughters daycare was awesome. They fed the kids healthy stuff all week except Fridays. Friday was chicken nuggets, veggies, and cupcakes lol

Quoting marihla:

I don't get why people give a shit what we make for dinner. NOW, what I see some children bringing for lunch and snack EVERYday at daycare, sometimes deeply disturbs me. One child gets a can of ravioli every day (that's all!). No nutritional value. Another gets a whole bag full of crap. She practically cries for real food; an apple, a banana, some friggin toast! I'm so glad we serve healthy snacks for any children who want it.

a-SiZZLe
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Well shit, I might as well start my journey to Hell now. She has Cinnamon Toast Crunch mixed with Lucky Charms.

weirdkids
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM

pizza is one of ds favoites lol i have gone as far as getting him the pizza rolls for his lunches. he just gets really miserable when he is hungry lol like stand there and scream miserable lol. hes not like super super strong but stong enough to rearrange the livingroom daily. my coffee table is never in the same spot for long lol i still dont know why he moves it all the time but he must do it for a reason lol. its so funny to watch them tiny little muscles pop out when hes doing that. lol ill have to video it next time hes loose and post it. its a riot. if he gets it stuck he gets all mad and starts throwing stuff out of the way lol. the one thing he does that drives me crazy is that he likes to carry his rocking chair around. its this little wodden toddler chair that isnt exactly light. he will pick it up and cary it to his toy box and toss it in lol. im always afraid hes going to drop it on his foot or fall on it. the worst part of the whole thing for me is he has an extremly high tollerance for pain. i never know if something hurt him or not. the only time he screams like hes hurt is when he gets trapped somewhere and cant climb over his mess. oh, cant forget the photosensitivity. just like his older bother. cant be out in the sun without sunblock for more than 5 mins without risking sun poisoning. 20mins if its on. his brother is worse though. it effects his eyes and everything. we didnt know it was that bad with the older one till his eye doctor told us he was legally blind without glasses and then told us y. his irises are too thin to block out excess sunlight (or any light for that matter) so over time the light had burnt his retinas pretty bad. he has to wear dark tinted glasses all the time now except at night which he thinks is awesome. i think its expensive lol little ds dodged a bullet with that one.

Quoting marihla:

I was going to ask if he was super strong like that one child on that TV special. I feel your pain with the mac and cheese. I can't feed my stepson anything! He won't eat mac and cheese, cereal, eggs, white bread, doesn't want anything on his sandwiches and burgers but the meat, won't eat yogourt, drink milk, or just about anything else that normal children like. Drives me freaking crazy because either something has to be made from scratch or we're eating pizza... I can't eat pizza every day.

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

marihla
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM

My goodness lady you've got your hands full!

Quoting weirdkids:

pizza is one of ds favoites lol i have gone as far as getting him the pizza rolls for his lunches. he just gets really miserable when he is hungry lol like stand there and scream miserable lol. hes not like super super strong but stong enough to rearrange the livingroom daily. my coffee table is never in the same spot for long lol i still dont know why he moves it all the time but he must do it for a reason lol. its so funny to watch them tiny little muscles pop out when hes doing that. lol ill have to video it next time hes loose and post it. its a riot. if he gets it stuck he gets all mad and starts throwing stuff out of the way lol. the one thing he does that drives me crazy is that he likes to carry his rocking chair around. its this little wodden toddler chair that isnt exactly light. he will pick it up and cary it to his toy box and toss it in lol. im always afraid hes going to drop it on his foot or fall on it. the worst part of the whole thing for me is he has an extremly high tollerance for pain. i never know if something hurt him or not. the only time he screams like hes hurt is when he gets trapped somewhere and cant climb over his mess. oh, cant forget the photosensitivity. just like his older bother. cant be out in the sun without sunblock for more than 5 mins without risking sun poisoning. 20mins if its on. his brother is worse though. it effects his eyes and everything. we didnt know it was that bad with the older one till his eye doctor told us he was legally blind without glasses and then told us y. his irises are too thin to block out excess sunlight (or any light for that matter) so over time the light had burnt his retinas pretty bad. he has to wear dark tinted glasses all the time now except at night which he thinks is awesome. i think its expensive lol little ds dodged a bullet with that one.

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

weirdkids
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:14 PM
It's not too bad. Just means we do more at night with the boys. And just gotta watch ds bumps. Its life. LOL so used to it now its routine. The kids tell their friends that they are mutants.

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM

HAHAHA

Quoting weirdkids:

It's not too bad. Just means we do more at night with the boys. And just gotta watch ds bumps. Its life. LOL so used to it now its routine. The kids tell their friends that they are mutants.

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting marihla:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on May. 20, 2012 at 11:17 PM

And you just cater to them like that... thats not picky eating, thats just lazy parenting.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're behind me... I fixed mine cereal, PBJ sandwich, and microwaved chicken nuggets (3 kids, each being picky tonight).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 21, 2012 at 6:25 AM

You are absolutely right.  Sorry, I'm not 100% on top of my game 100% of the time.  Maybe you feed your children the most nutritious organic food at all times, and kudos to you.  I don't agree on calling me a lazy parent based on one meal, but if it made you feel better about yourself trying to make me feel bad about myself, I'm happy to have done that for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

And you just cater to them like that... thats not picky eating, thats just lazy parenting.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're behind me... I fixed mine cereal, PBJ sandwich, and microwaved chicken nuggets (3 kids, each being picky tonight).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN