Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My BIL just sorta called me out on FB

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

So I never noticed it b efore yesterday but DS had a bauled spot on his head when he woke up. His hair is really weird anyway so I assumed it was from sleeping on that spot.

Well tonight I caught him with scissors in his room as I was cutting dinner, and he had just got done cutting a chunk off his hair. I obviously took the scissors away.

They are child scissors, with no sharp ends, that he got from DDs room from her art kit she had laying on the floor. I had no idea they had scissors.

Anyways, so I post it on FB .

BIL: Well why did he have scissors if you werent around?

I told him how he got them from sissys room, from her art kit, that she left laying on the floor.

BIL:Well then maybe you should supervise him a bit closer. WOW!!!

Doesnt this kind of thing happen often?I mean am I really a terrible for parent for letting this hapen?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Refurbished
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM
4 moms liked this

BIL sounds like a jerk, and a childless one.

Perfect.Pixie
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I keep all scissors in the main desk where I can see them. But it is really not a big deal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Nope not a bad parent. My dd before I stopped working was at a private sitters house and she found scissors and cut her hair. 2nd time my dd cut her hair my friend was perming my hair and left the scissors on the table yep she cut her bangs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harleigh07
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

hmm i dont think its a big deal. they are kid proff scissors, I would have just laughed it off. 

Mommototwo
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I have yet to meet a kid that hasn't cut their hair at some point. It's normal as far as I'm concerned.

JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
How old are your kids? Obviously you can't know what they're doing 24/7, but if I knew one of my kids had scissors, I'd be a little extra careful knowing where they are. Just because they don't have sharp ends doesn't mean they aren't dangerous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Quoting Refurbished:

Hes never been rude to me before, ever. Infact him and I were BFFs before my sister and him ever met. Then I introduced them .. and well now.... this.. lol they do have a child.

poietes
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Yep, you're supposed to be right beside your kids at all times, even in your own home. Didn't you know that? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaK313
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Exactly...

Quoting Refurbished:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Kids do the darndest things...I don't think this reflects negatively on your parenting...you didn't let this happen; it just happened... kids make crazy choices...Your BIL needs to chill out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)