Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh is having LO sleep.... UPDATED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
In his own crib tonight.
Have a feeling that's gonbago over like a fart in church.

I hate it.

LO has always slept in a co-sleeper in our bed. SO CONVENIENT! (breastfeeding) But he's five month now so dh wants him to sleep in his own crib.

thefewtimes he's slept in a cribso far he hasnt gotten much sleep. He wakes up, eats and then it usually takes 1.5-2 h to get him to fall asleep again. (compared to2-5 MINUTES) in the cosleeper. Have a feeling dh is the only one who'll sleep good tonight. But who knows. Maybe I'm wrong. I was just hoping I could keep him in our bed til he's sleeping through the nigh for real (as in no night feedings)

LO belongs with us.
I hate this idea. It's stupid and annoying buti'm being open and I'm trying it out.

Bullshit

-----------------update-------------------
It went pretty much as I expected. LO woke up about once an hour wanting boob, nothing else. Dh slept fine the rest Of us...not so much.

Made a deal with him....i suggested sex every day if I can keep LO in our bed at night. Hahahaha MEN!
But it's a win win for me since dh is a hotty mctotty.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2012 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh is saying the same thing. Our dd will be five months on the 21st. I sleep so much better with her next to me though. She's just so cozy and warm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2012 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes, that too. That and it is so extremely convenient to breast feed when lo's in the bed instead of having to get up, get lo
etc etc

Quoting skittlebeans88:

My dh is saying the same thing. Our dd will be five months on the 21st. I sleep so much better with her next to me though. She's just so cozy and warm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2012 at 1:48 AM
4 moms liked this
Dh has said he wants to cosleep when we have our kids but I won't do it! Sorry, but it isn't happening. The marriage bed is for the couple, not for the kids to get inbetween or replace the hubbs. If that means a bit more work for me, then so be it. That is just my feelings on it and this is coming from a girl who coslept when she was a baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2012 at 1:53 AM
I couldn't not do it. I cried and fought til he let LO cosleep. A bed at night time is for sleeping. We can have "adult time" elsewhere on other times. I have not replaced my dh

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh has said he wants to cosleep when we have our kids but I won't do it! Sorry, but it isn't happening. The marriage bed is for the couple, not for the kids to get inbetween or replace the hubbs. If that means a bit more work for me, then so be it. That is just my feelings on it and this is coming from a girl who coslept when she was a baby.

seksen
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I didnt want my DS to be a co sleeper because his dads family put such bad thoughts in my head.. He wa 4 days old and I was breast feeding him and my SIL called to see how I was doing.. I told her I never got any sleep because he wouldn't sleep in a bassinet or crib. She educated me on co sleeping so I started and boom - my DS went from sleeping for 20 minutes to 4 hours.. Loved it.. He will be 2 in a month and still snuggles up with me some nights :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on May. 20, 2012 at 1:59 AM
:( we Co slept with all 4 kids till they were a year. I think it was an adjustment for mama than it was for them LOL!!! We waited till they were ready but we had already agreed on that before they were born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Its not about the "adult" time. Its about the connection that a couple gets in bed while they are sleeping next to each other. If you are a sahm, you spend all day with your kids. Bed time is you and dh time, even if it is just you sleeping. Being able to cuddle and hug while going to sleep are moments you can't really have with a baby in the bed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I couldn't not do it. I cried and fought til he let LO cosleep. A bed at night time is for sleeping. We can have "adult time" elsewhere on other times. I have not replaced my dh

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 20, 2012 at 2:01 AM
I'd sleep in a different bed than dh.
krayzbabylove
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Its rough when you dont agree.. Im sorry. I hope that everthing goes smoothly.

Ashley0523
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:03 AM

with ds1 i really didnt co sleep but with my 8 month old  we started about a few months ago and he sleeps so good ! we put him in his crib at night so dh and i can have some quality time then when he goes to bed i get him and put him in the middle of us when he turns 1 he will start sleeping in his crib i know its going to be hard to get him used to that but im so scard of sids happening and i heard it reduces greatly after 1 so im waiting till then :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)