Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

they wanted me to go pee after i gave birth....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
So i always thought this story was somewhat funny. Sad but funny.

So i just give birth vaginally. I was cut and stitched. They asked me to go pee after. I was hooked to ivs. So i walked, as i was walking with my pole i start peeing. Im like 'uh oh!' The nurse rushes me in. She puts a measuring cup on the toilet and says i have to pee in it. So i do. The measuring cup over fills and im still peeing. I couldnt control it.

So the nurse rushes out and grabs the dr. Im cleaning myself up. She grabs the container and the dr helps me on the bed. He says hes surprised my bladder was that full and it could have bursted while i gave birth.

I give him the WTF face. Lol
He said i might pee myself a lot in the next few days but if it doesnt stop then to tell a nurse.

So i end up with blood poisoning. So im going in and out of chills. And trying to walk with chills is freakin hard when you feel like an ice cube. So i did pee a couple more times before i hit the toilet!

No one told me about this wonderful after pregnancy joy!

I waa embarrassed at that time- but now i find it funny lol.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2012 at 2:27 AM
LOL. I never knew pain meds made you constipated and after my DD was born a few hours later I had to poop. So I gingerly wobble in there with my IV pole and try and poop and couldn't, so I got up and blood poured out of me. I.swear it looked like I murdered someone in that bathroom. The nurses were not a fan.
diegosmom828
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:28 AM
After I had my baby I had to go pee and as I was pulling up my undies I fainted and hit my head on the trash can. Even after being told not to lock the door I locked it and everyone was screaming on the outside until I came to and opened the door. Nurses were mad cause I locked the door... Oops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahsMommy1121
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:29 AM
Lol i couldnt pee so the nurse had to put in a cathadar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommy52012
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:31 AM

This makes me scared lol I'm due in 9 days. I don't want to faint or anything. D:

CafeMom Tickers

TexasWife
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

You will be ok. Yes, there are a lot of scary things. I was fine during both. There are some funny and scary things about birth. You will look back at yours and laugh. Just remember to breathe.

Quoting newmommy52012:

This makes me scared lol I'm due in 9 days. I don't want to faint or anything. D:

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing like that happened to me after any of my three. Don't be scared. I got up and peed just fine. I was a little constipated for a day or so. The worst thing for me was that I pulled some muscles with my third, so they let me sit in the whirlpool some and it was fine after a few days. You will be so happy that baby is out the other stuff won't matter much. 

Quoting newmommy52012:

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM
They wanted me to pee too with my first I had a 3 degree tear, instead of it just coming out it came out a little at a time, my bladder was so full it hurt but I couldn't pee worth nothing. I sat on the toilet for an hour trying to per crying the whole time because I was afraid something was wrong with me. Come to find out my epi hadnt completely worn off so my muscles were still not working correctly. It was the biggest relief in my life to go. With my 2nd I had no issues I had her and 30min later went to the bathroom, it was awesome not having the same problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this
You'll be fine thousands of women do it everyday only a small fraction have issues. Peeing and bm can take a while to get normal, fainting is pretty rare though they do say to take it easy.

Quoting newmommy52012:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM
After my first i said i didnt have to pee... i went so much while in labor! But they insisted on doing a catheter and the nurse says "oh it there wasnt much in there." Gee ya think?! I said i didnt have to go!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2012 at 2:42 AM
I had a c section and had a lot of complications and didn't poo for 5 days. And then all the sudden I had to and I was SO embarrassed because I didn't get to the potty, just a bedpan. I had to yell at my husband to leave the room! There is nothing more humiliating than having someone wipe your butt and clean your hooha for you! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)