Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow B****, I can't believe you said that

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

So took my daughter to the mall to get her hair cut/styled.  I've been thinking about cutting my hair or at least a different style- it's down to the bottom of my waist right now.  So while my daughter is being shampooed, I started looking through the books.

One of the older (and by older, I mean that she was older than the other stylists) stylists comes over and asks if I was thinking about getting  acut because she was available.  No harm, she's trying to fill her work time and make a tip- so I start telling her that I've had it long for a while, but will go back and forth (long /short).  But that I needed a cut that I could style with only one hand.

Why?  because I have a disability and can't hold my one arm above shoulder height.  I try to cope and most things I have adapted, but I can't hold both arms up way high to say hold a dryer and a brush- it's one or the other.

What did this bitch say?

Well, I wouldn't bother if I were you.  Any style worth having you HAVE to use both arms doing.  Just leave it however since that's all you can do with it anyway.

So I said:

So basically you are saying that anyone who isn't perfect with 2 arms can't do their hair in a flattering style.

And she responded:

well, I'm not saying, I'm just passing along the information, you can try, but you'll just look bad.  But you should be used to not being able to style your hair.

Needless to say I did not get my hair cut there and since daughter was nearly done I let the other person finish hers, but I will never go back there.

What the fuck?  How fucking rude.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM

That is awful and I would have asked to speak with management...she obviously has no clue about customer service!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Did you speak to the manager?

Mommototwo
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Wow. People never cease to amaze me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Wow......that's really shitty customer service skills she's got there. Can you let the owner know about that employee? I'd want to know if I was the owner or manager.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM

She WAS the manager I found out.

I try to not let people, who treat those like me like that, get to me.  Hate to say it, if my daughter wasn't there I probably woud have smacked this woman.

That was over the line.

I don't look "bad" but I don't do the whole nine yards to my hair either, never have. 

ldgforever
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Yeah I seriously doubt the management would appreciate that! Losing business and all. That was awful thing to say. But I'd speak to management .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mare1180
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM
wtf! I hope you said something to the owner or manager.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ldgforever
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh sorry just saw she was management! I'd go somewhere else for sure then!! Good luck momma :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juanita679
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Wow

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on May. 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Quoting Lyssa0587:

That is awful and I would have asked to speak with management...she obviously has no clue about customer service!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)