Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you like chunky baby legs?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why? I just don't get what is so cute about an over fed baby. My kids are not underweight, but we have a hard time finding cloths in the baby section because all the cloths are designed for fat babies. In a society where we have so much weight problems I just don't understand why so many like fat babies.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Barronbaby
by Brandi on May. 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Dude you've lost your mind! um seriously my baby has chunky thighs... he is far from over fed and is perfect for height and weight. then again his father is 6'2 and 240 lbs, he also was born with thick muscluar thighs. so im asummin my chunky thigh baby takes after his buff daddy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
wow you're stupid!!! my kids were never "over fed" and they had/have chunky legs and they're adorable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommototwo
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, my 5 month old is exclusivey breast fed, I'm vegan, and he's got the chunkiest of chunky thighs. So yes, I do love them, and nom on them daily.

marabie
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM

My son is far from overfed and still has chunky legs.  He was also breastfed and again drank less than a typical formula fed baby. He was always in proportion on all of his growth charts.

eastcoastmama11
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol puhleease.

My dd used to have the cutest little chubby thighs, I looved them! And I used to say she had michelean man arms because they were so rolly polly lol.

Now she's two, and she has one (barely) roll left on her arms. She has lost her belly and legs.. but I still have pictures!! :D

You are incorrect in thinking that chubby baby legs/ babies means overfed, or that they will be an over weight child and adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM
My baby was chunky, I thought it was cute. I was skinny and I'm still skinny. Dd will probably be thick but I'm sure she won't be fat, and she wasn't overfed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Exactly!
DD was an underweight newborn, and now toddler but before she learned to crawl, she was a chunker!
A chunky baby is a healthy baby!

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Lol, wow aren't you uneducated. Chunky babies are no more likely to be overweight adults than skinny babies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I feed on demand also. My youngest will be a year next month. My saving grace is that I use cloth diapers so the plump butt keeps his pants on, but every time I have had to use disposables I find that his pants are WAY to big. My girls are 5 and 3, my 5yr can now get cloths in the kids section which allows for a much smaller frame. But I am so glad I sew, because I have had to take in her pants and I doesn't even bother buying her dresses, it is so much better to just make them.

My DH is the same as yours he wears a 27x34 and the only place that carries pants his size is Wrangler.

Quoting SundayXC:

I hate to say this, but I feel your pain. My youngest, 4 months has chunky legs I think all babies do. But in comparison they aren't, lol. I have HELL finding clothes that fit him around. He is up to 6-9mo clothes now because they fit him length wise but they are baggy around his midsection. He is breastfed and has no solids so I know it's kinda hard to overfeed him.

Now, my 22mo old, holy cow! It is horrible finding him clothes. His waist fits an 18mo but his length is for about 2T, so we have to pin all of his pants or he has high waters. You're right that all clothes are fit for chunky babies! My poor DH too, he went pants shopping and the "smallest" size they had was a 40! He wears a 29-30.

talktojonell
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I do love chunk baby legs. I don't know why but I love em.

My daughter was chunk and adorable. My son was just plain fat. I bfax on demand with both and listened to my pediatrician not to worry. Both grew into their weight as they aged. They are both athletic and rather slim.

My son is 19 now and wears a 32 34 size in pants. He is 5'10" & 155 lbs.

My daughter is 14, very athletic and wears a size 5 bottom and small top.

I do however feel your pain and frustration with finding clothes that fit. I am short and curve and I joke that I learned to sew in self defense.

It's spendy but I loved Hanna Andersson but I went into it knowing they would last for years and bought items that would work for a boy or a girl. I have pictures of my first three kids in all the same outfits and they're all five years apart.
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Lol, I love my chubby baby, she's short and has had rolls since the day she was born. She's not overweight either and eats like a bird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)